• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modding a new power switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VeeMon

seem like earlier today the blackout in my area fried my power switch since i did a system test and used twizer on the power jumper and my comp started. So i was wondering how u would go about making a sub power switch

Switch may be bad, but it's not from a blackout because 1) blackouts are the absence of power, not an increase and 2) to fry the switch it literally would have had to blow several components throughout the system like a fireworks stand on fire. There is nothing special about that switch in terms of electricals, it's just metal contacts.

Solution? get a new switch. They are all pretty much a little square box with a button on one end and terminals on the other. Take one out of the bezel, put a new one in its place.

Welcome to the forums.
The switch is just a momentary switch. Meaning that it only make contact when you press it. Usually when these go bad it's because it broke loose from the case physically.

If you want to replace it, get one from your local electronic store like radio shack or something.

Welcome to the forums.
The switch is just a momentary switch. Meaning that it only make contact when you press it. Usually when these go bad it's because it broke loose from the case physically.

If you want to replace it, get one from your local electronic store like radio shack or something.

Yes a swithch can be purchase very inexpensively from radio hut.

Back