• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I could see CPU coolers getting submitted to the program, seeing as there are plenty of vendors manufacturing them. But sadly I don't see CPUs ever being submitted because AMD and Intel are the only vendors that make them and I doubt very much that they will submit review samples to Newegg's program.

I could see CPU coolers getting submitted to the program, seeing as there are plenty of vendors manufacturing them. But sadly I don't see CPUs ever being submitted because AMD and Intel are the only vendors that make them and I doubt very much that they will submit review samples to Newegg's program.

I agree. Even if, and that's a big if, we saw CPUs, they would most likely want those returned. I can possibly see graphics cards, but at the same time I also doubt it. Then again, I doubted mobos and now we're getting some quality motherboards.

well I would only accept a mobo if 1) I had a cpu worthy of using to test it (like a 4770k or 4790k to test a z87 or 97 board and not use say a g3220) or 2) had the means to procure the needed cpu. GPU's on the other hand I'd accept since I have a test bed I can test them with. But also keep in mind they do not want the in depth written reviews like most forums do. They want real world reviews for the everyday comp user. My last review item while I put it thru the paces for my own knowledge I didnt post alot of that information on my review post. I gave the non greek version as that is what NewEgg wants.

Yes, I don't think anybody who has replied to this thread has had to return anything yet. Just review it and use it.

Well sign me up! :p

naw, you need to have x amount of reviews and such. I've bought 1 thing from newegg in my life :p

Gonna need to buy more.

New assignment was offered to me yesterday. It's a decent Gigabyte Z97 motherboard, which I have happily accepted. Only the second time I have been offered a MOBO since I've been an EggXpert. Looking forward to building a new system around this board as I really need a platform upgrade at this time.

Yeah, that's a sweet MoBo :D

Good to see your over here Slamscaper, it's been a long time old friend :clap: :clap: :clap: TJ

TJ, what's up buddy? Long time no see. I see you are still benching and taking names, lol. Nice X79 build you have there.

GPUs are something I'd love to see in the program, but it's highly unlikely that flagship cards would ever be submitted. It's not so much the cost of them, but instead it's the volume of chips being produced. Typically the flagship cards are using chips with a low yield rate. However, with Vendors like ASUS and Gigabyte manufacturing GPUs, it's possible that we could see them submitting some lower-end to mid-range GPUs. After all, they are participating in the program.

CPUs will just never happen. CPU review samples are hard to come by and they are only submitted to the most trustworthy hardware reviewers that would never violate the NDA. This will be left up to the gurus that work at Anandtech and such.

FYI: One of the best things about being in Newegg's program is that we are sometimes offered pre-launch products to review. I have already received a few of these assignments.

Last edited:
I received a few pre-launch products. Two memorable ones are Corsair's K90 keyboard along with their M90 mouse. These two products have been replaced with the K95 and M95, however I still use them as we speak. They are by far my favorite mouse and keyboard I've ever used, and I've used a lot over the years. I was using the RAT 7 before I got the M90, which is a really cool looking mouse but I just couldn't get it adjusted to work comfortably over long periods. Also, the RAT line tends to be very unreliable. I had to RMA the first RAT 7 I received because the laser died within a few weeks. This seems to be a common occurrence with that model. Anyway, I love Corsair's input devices. Their software has come a long way too.

I was sent a Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB drive that was prelaunch, at the time I think that was more than $200, but I don't think I've ever been sent anything else prelaunch.

they still sent the switch after I declined it, this is the 4th time this has happened
I think who ever is reading the emails needs glasses

guess I dont have a choice now but to review it, dont feel like sending it back (it shows signs of being already used anyway)

they still sent the switch after I declined it, this is the 4th time this has happened
I think who ever is reading the emails needs glasses

guess I dont have a choice now but to review it, dont feel like sending it back (it shows signs of being already used anyway)

If you declined and they still sent it, I would at least let them know about that fact. Whether to review is you choice.

I got an invite to review a PSU. I remember the conversation we had early in the thread about properly reviewing PSUs takes specialized equipment... Yes Bobnova, I'm looking at you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=HX850i_(CP-9020073)-_-17-139-083-_-Product

It's an 850W fully modular Platinum Corsair.

Can you blame me for NOT turning it down? :D

It's not going to a splode my computer or burn my house down... Unless Corsair has some sudden quality issues, so we can leave that argument out of this. I will just have to do the best review I can without testing equipment... Unless there's a quick and dirt cheap way to get equipment.

Besides, should my i5 really be running on a $30 CX500 anyway? :D

Corsair has a DOA rate just like everybody else, typically they're dead-dead though not explodes-dead. No manufacturing purpose is perfect.
At least crack the thing open and look for solder balls and junk joints. That's the sort of issue it's most likely to have. Getting capacitor brands would be nice too.

I can definitely blame you, I'm good at blaming people, for that I blame myself :D

Back