• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The rig I'll be powering with my 850i is currently running on a much cheaper 500W PSU. :rolleyes:

Mine hasn't arrived yet. I thought it did right after reading your post but instead it was a LED lit magnifying glass with helping hands and a soldering iron that was packed in a box inside of a box that they placed in another box. False alarm. :D

It will probably show tomorrow or Friday.

I miss when they let you know when they shipped it. :(

Last edited:
They've never emailed me when they've shipped stuff....it's just 'shown up'. The PSU took a week - got the invite and accepted on a Friday (8/22); was delivered this past Friday (8/29). I think most (if not all) of the Eggxpert stuff ships out of CA so (me being in MO) yeah, it takes 4-5 business days to get to me.

I got my invite and responded on 8-26, and it said respond no later than the 28th. When they did give me a shipping notification I noticed they sent that within a few days after the response due date and it would take, like you said, about 4-5 days to ship after that. I'm on the east coast of NC in a little middle-of-nowhere town so I expect it to take a little longer. Usually takes about 7-10 days for one to arrive for me after accepting the invite.

This post is mostly intended for Bobnova, or anyone else who is Bobnova, or knows what Bobnova knows because they're probably Bobnova,

I cracked open the power supply and it looks like it has all Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors and the PCB and transformers have no signs of any other manufacturer besides Corsair's own logos, and the ECOS ID# only identifies Corsair as the manufacturer.

I thought they used rebranded PSUs... could they have actually made this one entirely? Is there any other way to tell if they didn't?

Also, I don't see any solder balls or bad joints. It looks rock solid. :attn:

This post is mostly intended for Bobnova, or anyone else who is Bobnova, or knows what Bobnova knows because they're probably Bobnova,

I cracked open the power supply and it looks like it has all Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors and the PCB and transformers have no signs of any other manufacturer besides Corsair's own logos, and the ECOS ID# only identifies Corsair as the manufacturer.

I thought they used rebranded PSUs... could they have actually made this one entirely? Is there any other way to tell if they didn't?

Also, I don't see any solder balls or bad joints. It looks rock solid. :attn:

All Corsair's HXi series PSU's are manufactured by Channel Well Technology (CWT). You should be able to confirm this by checking the markings on the transformers. You should see a CWT marking on there somewhere. Anyway, from what I've seen the soldering on the HXi units is some of the best I've seen from CWT.

I gotcha. I couldn't see on the side that well. I read a guru3d review of the 750i but they only assumed CWT, they didn't actually find the name either. So, I guess that settles it. :D Thanks, Slamscaper!

I think I found out how review items are distributed
I was looking through past eggxpert reviews to see if I go only helpful or if the unhelpful downvoting people struck
and I noticed everybody who reviewed the item had their first name starting with J, checked more reviews and the same thing

So from what I can gather they have a huge DB set up in ABC order starting with the first name
They receive a certain amount of a particular review item to send out and just go down the list until stock is depleted and then wherever they left off will get a chance to review the next item

I was assuming they just had randomly assigned "groups", and went in order of which group for new items. That was just what I imagined, anyway. That makes sense though, it's an easy way to do it. Might be why they stopped sending the shipping notifications; it's easier on their end to just forget about who they contacted, and who accepted, and they never gave you any tracking info anyway.

if you want shipping info best way is to sign up for my ups and anything sent ups will get you an email from ups saying that an item is en-route to you and the expected delivery day and a 4 hour window for said delivery. I dont get emails from newegg about shipment for review items but as soon as it hits ups's system blammo i know when to expect it.

Sweet, I'll definitely do that! I like knowing when things will arrive. My shipping address is slightly different than my physical address, so I have to go pick stuff up. Sometimes nobody is around to accept the delivery, so I don't really want computer parts just... sitting there in the open. :p

deffo use the address thats being used for delivery then. When I ran my mail center back in the mid 90's to early 2005 I used that address for deliveries lol Working 6 days of 9+ hours i was never home. Then again When i was off I was out chasing the ladies so again was never home. lol

I'd take that!

My girlfriend and I were just joking about that one a couple days ago because we needed a faster router. :rofl:

So, out of curiosity, for you folks that have gotten into this program what was your helpfulness rating when you got into the program?

Or how many reviews had you written?

Submitted my HX750i review last night, looks like they posted it today.
Definitely a solid PSU...Corsair Link software is pretty neat. (Not sure how accurate it is, but I don't have a Kill-a-Watt to compare to.)
Probably end up keep running on my M12II 850 though even though it's only a Bronze.

So, out of curiosity, for you folks that have gotten into this program what was your helpfulness rating when you got into the program?

Or how many reviews had you written?

not sure of the helpfulness rating havent seen it. but I try and put out a review on just about everything I purchase. Good or bad.

Submitted my HX750i review last night, looks like they posted it today.
Definitely a solid PSU...Corsair Link software is pretty neat. (Not sure how accurate it is, but I don't have a Kill-a-Watt to compare to.)
Probably end up keep running on my M12II 850 though even though it's only a Bronze.

I haven't written mine yet. I'll probably do it tomorrow. I didn't actually get it installed until Sunday. I don't have a kill-a-watt either, so I'm in the same boat as you. If it's fairly acurate, my comp doesn't use nearly as much power as I thought it would at load. It's telling me <200W, and the fan hasn't even come on except for me forcing it on.

Back