• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error LEDs what does it all mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benscoobert

I have an EPOX EP-8KDA3+
It has the LED error readout thingy, It flashes about 10 different numbers while booting up, does this mean I have lots of errors or is the error only if it stops on that number/letter?
During boot I get
F5 or FS
C1
C3
and finally it gets to FF and statys on that.

Either I have lots of errors or i'm missing the point, I recently flashed my bios and im wondering if that had anything to do with it, didnt notice if I had errors b4 that as pc was in a different place.

During boot the LED will show codes for what section of the computer is currently being tested. It's nothing to worry about unless it stays on a certain code. FF doesn't mean anything, I thought it did when my board did that too. But if you use the Epox system utility then you can have it show the temp. on the LED. Finally, if you do get an error code the manual for the board will explain it.

If you have a new EpoX motherboard by default the BIOS shows the temperature of the CPU on the debug port instead of needing Thunderprobe or USDM to do so or seeing FF which after full cycling means all good.

Those aren't errors. The display shows boot progress. You will, hopefully, cycle through a bunch of hex numbers to get to FF. Then the onboard sensor temperature will display.

Back