• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Forum Tricks - Did You Know Our Forum Does This?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Similar to stupid human tricks, our forum is able to do a bunch of odd or uncommon things you likely never knew were possible. This post will list each feature with a short description. If a feature you discovered isn't listed here or you find this useful, post a reply and bump the thread to let others know - I'll keep this first post updated!

Stupid Forum Tricks List Return to jumpto/anchor example.
  1. Smilies - lists all smilies, and the typed code that produces the smilies. For example:
    :snipe: = :snipe:
  2. Embed HWBOT Stats - instructions for how you can embed hwbot stats in your threads/posts. From the advanced reply or new thread screen, click robot%20icon.png For example:
    [hwbot=oc_forums]teamgoal[/hwbot] =
  3. Embed Livestream Video/Chat - Put livestream video and chat in your posts. From the advanced reply or new thread screen, click
    livestream.gif
    . For example:
    [lstream]miahallen[/lstream]
  4. Embed OCF Member Map - Puts the OCF member map in your post. For example:
    [ocfmap][/ocfmap] =

View Overclockers.com Member Map in a larger map
  5. Jumpto and Anchor links - Create a table of contents for your post, or link to specific part of a post. Go to top. Return here.
  6. Similar threads - at the bottom of all threads, other similar threads are listed. Check them out when you start a new thread or try to help someone - you may find your answers there!
  7. Albums and Pictures - How to upload pictures and create your own albums. Once you add an album and pictures, you are given links below the pictures that you can paste into threads. My albums!
  8. Attachments and Pictures - How to insert attachments into the body of your post, rather than at the end. Also nicely resizes large images automatically. For example:
    If you are attaching your image, use this button on the editor window. Clicking the left side to upload the attachment, click the right drop down area to insert it into the post so it looks nice and resized if its a big image:
    attach.gif
    menupop.gif

It looks like this on the reply screen:
    attachment.php
  9. News Team Profile - If you write an article for the frontpage, you'll get a profile page created on Overclockers.com. We can link to that profile by putting a link below your avatar/joindate/location next to every post - check mine out to the left!
  10. Edit Your Thread Titles - You can make corrections to the title of your thread by editting your first post, or when viewing the forum containing your thread, just double click to the right of the title and edit it there!

This is just a start, please suggest additions and I'll get them into the first post as I have time.

Last edited:
Fixed, thanks!

Keep checking back, there is a lot of stuff that hasn't been added here yet... Team banners, folding stats, spoilers, etc

Added album/picture instructions, and input spoiler tags to keep the first post cleaner. A lot more updates need to be added here, just haven't gotten around to it. Added news team profile info also.

Last edited:
Added details about attachments and images, so instructions are more clear for how to insert attachments within the text of your post instead of at the end.

Back