• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This right here is a really cool thread. I just noticed my badge, and now I feel both really cool and really old, which I was under the impression were mutually exclusive.

Thanks for the great sharing of info so far guys, I can only hope to pass on a fraction of what I've learned. I'll be the rambling old-timer that starts muttering about the days when CPUs didn't even have any on-die cache, or how soldering used to be part of overclocking... and get off mah lawn!!!!

I'm pretty sure I was on the original forums, too, but to be honest... I can't remember that far back! Thought I'd joined there in 2000 sometime when I was still in school. Regardless, this place is fantastic, and again - thanks!

Checkout the benching team rat, soldering is still very much a part of overclocking. Congrats on the decade!

dang... saw some names in here i haven't seen around in a _long_ time.
hard to imagine it was 10 some odd years ago i started reading this site.

still has the feel of home to it too. :thup:

dang... saw some names in here i haven't seen around in a _long_ time.
hard to imagine it was 10 some odd years ago i started reading this site.

still has the feel of home to it too. :thup:

I know I started really reading the site almost 11 years ago, started really getting involved almost 10 years ago (in 10 days), and yet still joined the site later.

heh, that's kinda funny cuz that's more or less the way it was for me. maybe not quite as long to join, but close to it.
when i first found the front page, i spend a month straight reading it. i literally did nothing but sleep, work 8 hours (maybe) and read the how-tos and all that were on the front page. learned quite a bit about computers then.

I still have the 3rd box from the left , with 2 prototype OC case badges on it .
Sad to say its collecting dust atm
My first computer I bought was a 200mhz from Robjustice , and the first one I built was a Duron 700 on an Asus A7v in an Inwin Q500 case.
I still have the Duron and case not the mobo . I bought it all from PC Progress or Spartan ( Same warehouse just different names) .
Good Times !!! I think I was in the 1300-1500 member range when I actually joined.
Lan parties in Wisconsin at SpeeDj's house , even played in a bank , thanks to Elroy Carbon!!! What an awesome time in my life that was .

Nice to hear from old timers. That is skips basement if I am not mistaken, and I believe one of those boxes housed the forums once upon a time?

Cool stuff.

Who's feet? :D

Man wish I knew more people back in the day, would of loved to join in on some lan party action. Nice pink toe nails (from what it looks like).

yes that was skips basement , and yes that part of the basement was cool , but the other side was even cooler!!!! All the computer parts !!! Geek Heaven !!! I found myself drooling in there a few times picking up parts .
Winfast Ti200 vid card
Slot load cdRom
24 port hub
a mobo and proc or 2
heatsinks

Just go with a pocket full of cash and deals were made .

Yes the LAns were awesome , UT2k3 til dawn , nap til nooish get a calzone ( but they didnt call it a calzone tho) and UT2k3 some more !!!! or just hang in the driveway and drink and shoot the poop .

oh and to all you trackball haterz , yes I still use it ALL the time , same mouse for over 10 years http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trackman-Marble-Plus-Trackball/dp/B0003M5Q1S

Last edited:
yes that was skips basement , and yes that part of the basement was cool , but the other side was even cooler!!!! All the computer parts !!! Geek Heaven !!! I found myself drooling in there a few times picking up parts .
Winfast Ti200 vid card
Slot load cdRom
24 port hub
a mobo and proc or 2
heatsinks

Yes the LAns were awesome , UT2k3 til dawn , nap til nooish get a calzone ( but they didnt call it a calzone tho) and UT2k3 some more !!!! or just hang in the driveway and drink and shoot the poop .

oh and to all you trackball haterz , yes I still use it ALL the time , same mouse for over 10 years http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trackman-Marble-Plus-Trackball/dp/B0003M5Q1S

Reminiscent of our Boston area LANs at rogerdugan's place. Good memories (that eventually all went to poo). I still like UT2k3 (and UT3 aint bad either).

Winfast Ti200 vid card
Slot load cdRom
24 port hub
a mobo and proc or 2
heatsinks

Think maybe it's time to get some of us old farts together and LAN it up one of these days this summer? Those were some great times my friend, we could break out the UT for the old times sake not to mention whatever else comes to mind :)

J :cool:

Count me in for that, I've had a great time at the benching meetups. :) Not much of a gamer, but I lose well.

Count me in for that, I've had a great time at the benching meetups. :) Not much of a gamer, but I lose well.
Most of us aren't much of gamers but it's more about the camaraderie and shooting the stuff... lot's of good chats with good people, heck when Lyman came to one of em I don't think he even brought a PC. And the 'calzone' things they are talking about are Ponza Rotta's deep fried pizzas basically and we usually make sure to partake of that once during the couple days hanging out :)

J :cool:

I'm sure I remember getting well and truly beaten to a pulp by SpeeDj on someone's UT2003 server .... must be a while ago now.

Back