• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C Forums Toronto LAN Party (June 18/19 in Downtown Toronto) -- All are invited!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd be up for another "sometime", it's a matter of when and where.

yes, yes we do... id be willing to help organizing it again.. even though felinusez did most of the work.. but im definately coming this time...

In hindsight I was kinda poorly organized :p.

The network at the last facility sucked (used 6 or so hubs with a switch between them, so any transfers (like steam files) would saturate two sections of the network and there would be collisions everywhere, causing 200-500kB/s transfers.

Besides that, the rest of the facility was fine (parking could be better).

How many interested people have access to large switches? Perhaps we could go for a normal venue, and bring our own network infrastructure with us.. I can borrow a 24-port cisco switch from work, and I have my own stuff, but it's a smaller number of ports. How many people attended last time? I'm guessing somewhere in the 20-30 people range, so we aren't really that far off.

felinusz: It was as organized as it should have been. Any more, and it would have had a schedule of events, which no-one would follow anyways. :)

depending on my luck I may be interested in a winter LAN, just as this lan was, I would not know until close to the last minute. I'll definatly bring my own monitor next time.

IF we do it again there definatly needs to be a little more organization with the set up took a bit to long to get going, though once we did it was a good time.

I also need a pillow next time.

And: Nametags. Definitely Nametags.

I'm horrible with names as it is, but there is only a few people there that I really met & talked to that I remember their names, or could pair them with their forum name.

I can pare off all the people who sat along the wall I was on with there name,

the host, and 9mm, that about it. anyone else I'd be reaching to remember.

though I feel even with name tags this would hav been the case, I think if we could have one in the summer again, having a place we could BBQ would be better, a break in the gaming to BBQ and meet eachother. with out montor glow.

Zulu-1 said:
i could mooch a 24-port switch off my friend.... how about we do this over the christmas vacation?
sort of a winter-een-mas LAN?

whos going to travel through the northern new york/canadian winter for this ?.. a summer thing i'd definitly be down tho

Back