• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crossfired problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you all for trying to help me out. I am a way from the PC. I will try Heaven Benchmark tomorrow see how it goes. heaven run full screen, so it should be good? I will try need for speed tomorrow. My question is, when running a game. How do you guys see gpu % load and temp on the screen? When I play game, the screen is full (eyefinity) I can't open GPU -Z or real temp. How are you monitor it?

ps. I will download GPU temp tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. :)

You can open two instances of gpuz and use the sensors page. You won't see it till you drop out of the game but it will still be there when you do. Also make sure your games are not running in windowed full screen, that counts as windowed and crossfire won't function.

You can also try msi afterburner's overlay feature to see info in game, but I don't use afterburner so I'm of little help there.

MSI Afterburner can do what I want... :)

Supertrucker.

Look like you I are posting at the same time. :) But also Thanks for your input.

I have 2 monitors but don't use Eyefinity :) I just leave my monitoring software running on one and game with the other. So I'm no help there.

More question :) I am running 3 monitors in eyefinity now. If I decide to add 4th monitor. The computer will see it as 2nd monitor? how do you configure it? anything special?

Thanks for your input wingman99. I had a bios updated when I first build the PC. But there are newer one now and I don't plan to update it again.

Anyhow. Crossfired is in fact working as it should. It was greyed out because it was already enabled. When I disabled crossfired and then, enable crossfired it ok to Apply. :) see pic.

Huntingman13 is right on. :)

ok.jpg

I'm thinking that it automatically applied when he clicked enable and its been working the whole time.

Yes it is selectable to disable crossfired, but enable crossfired,, Apply grey out.

Me too ATMINSIDE, I am thinking that it is grey out because it is already applied. What I would do is apply Disable Crossfire then go back to Enable Crossfire to see if you can apply it.

Edit: Oops disregard what I said... I didnt see the last post...

Vegas Pro 12 use 2 gpu in Main Concept MP4. Sony press release benchmark show an improvement. Better than nothing :)

35s XDCAM benchmarking.jpg

Crossfired 6970 2 gb.jpg

6970 crossfired.jpg

disable crossfired.jpg

Wow Crossfired 6970 2gb play Need for Speed is really awesome. 5760 x 1200. Love it so far.

4-20-2014 1-06-15 PM.jpg

It was running in PCI-E 2.0x 16@16 before. Now it is running 16@x8 . What caused it to do that?

Never mind. I removed the 2nd card and run a single card setup. Restart the computer and then shot down. Reinstall the 2nd card and it is all good.

Back