• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

re anodized case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acemorgan

Registered
Has anyone got their aluminum case re anodized?? I just got mine done reanodized black again & noticed that they removed all of the threaded inserts pressed into the back of the case cos they said it was made out of steel that would interfere with the anodizing. I thought they would of gotten covered up to protect them with wax or something. I had no intentions to remove them & they didn't even notify me before they took them off. they wouldn't just fall off would they on their own?? Those steel threaded insert for the thumb screws like on the back plate for the power supply to connect to & the latch screws to unscrew from to open the case side panels on the back of the Lian Li computer cases they make. Could they even be replaced I wonder.

Attachments

• Lian Li Pc V-2000.jpg
    Lian Li Pc V-2000.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 113
Did you ask for them back? Just as with most parts stores, they should return any unused or removed items...

No this is a Lian Li Pc V-2000 case they made for a couple of years back in 2006 to 2008. Probably their most popular case ever made. I bought 2 of them, cutting them both up to make one lager case. Got rid of the side panels & replaced them with 2 new ones I got made. Made a stainless steel frame for extra support for the aluminum case to go around Hope to have some photos up for opinions soon

It is those M3 thread inserts that are seeded or planted or pressed or whatever they call it into the aluminum case on the back of the case for the thumb screws go into to. Just the photo 6 of them for the back plate for the power supply at the bottom & the 2 up on the top sides for the side panel latches. they didn't notice them so they got eaten up by the chemicals in the tank. They could have covered them to protect it so it wouldn't happen. they said they were going to get my some new ones & have a precision shop put them back in at their expense.

Back