• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 HOME is OUT on 12/11/08

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should be interesting if this impacts Xbox Live at all, maybe they'll lower the price of subscription or provide more benefits for silver members.

I'm looking forward to a PS3 under my x-mas tree this season. Woman better come through!:bday:

EDIT:
Visitors and residents will be able to explore PlayStation Home with their avatar character and, thanks to Diesel, avatars can look great from the start with Diesel offering the latest men’s and women’s designer avatar clothing, with items ranging from free of charge to €1.50. So for those visiting PlayStation Home, they can dress their avatars in the latest jeans and jacket prior to getting out and about.

...wow.

I got the beta but never really explored it too much.

Maybe if I get a chance Ill really check it out now.

I was about to come make a thread for this. When I booted up Home today they had an announcement up that closed beta would be ending and open would start tomorrow. Also encouraged me to head over to the mall and pick up the free stuff they added before open. Wonder if that means it's exclusive?

Ohwell. I just hope I get to keep my Summer house. lol

I was about to come make a thread for this. When I booted up Home today they had an announcement up that closed beta would be ending and open would start tomorrow. Also encouraged me to head over to the mall and pick up the free stuff they added before open. Wonder if that means it's exclusive?

Ohwell. I just hope I get to keep my Summer house. lol

Free stuff at the mall? I got some email about that, but I haven't logged into Home in a looooooooong time. Guess I better jump on it so I can snag the freebies!

Sony can't hold a candle to LIVE regardless of how free it is if there is no content.

What the hell are you talking about? First of all PSN is doing pretty damned good against LIVE... they've gotten a hell of a lot of people to switch over from the 360 to the PS3 in the past year exactly BECAUSE they're free and LIVE isn't.

Second: What exactly do you mean: "No content?"

Are you saying that the PS3 doesn't have any games? (They have practically the same library as the 360). Are you saying they don't have movies and shows? (They have MORE movies and shows than LIVE). Or are you saying they don't have as many arcade games. (This may be true... but they've got all the ones that count: SSF2HD, Bionic Commando Rearmed, etc, etc...)

Yeah Rain, some clothes for both male and female. They also have an estate lot and some furniture for your home. Chairs, sofa, ornaments, a light, ect. ect. Nothing I truly wanted, like a TV or pool table. lol

Or are you saying they don't have as many arcade games. (This may be true... but they've got all the ones that count: SSF2HD, Bionic Commando Rearmed, etc, etc...)

Well, they don't have Uno, or Duke Nukem 3D, or Doom. :D

Sony can't hold a candle to LIVE regardless of how free it is if there is no content.

Live and the PS network both do the job, and there is alot of content on PS network aswell. I wouldnt say one is better then the other. But that 60 bucks for the live subscription could be up to 3-4 more game downloads instead of a payment each year.

Live and the PS network both do the job, and there is alot of content on PS network aswell. I wouldnt say one is better then the other. But that 60 bucks for the live subscription could be up to 3-4 more game downloads instead of a payment each year.

$50 a year actually, $40 with a 13-month prepaid card from many places online.

i have the ps3 and the 360 and the 360 is way better online than the ps3

The only thing LIVE has going for it now that the PS3 doesn't is the fact that the PSN's XMB is not yet completely functional online.

You can actually access a hell of a lot more functions and settings in-game with the PS3 than you can with LIVE... (going in and changing headset settings and other system settings while in-game... for example.)

...it's just that you can't access the MP3 player or the Chat function yet from the XMB.

Once you can do that (and more games start supporting trophies) then both online services will be completely identical.

I own and love my PS3 but every online game ive played on it always has lag and servers suck ect

360 always seemed to be quicker and better when playing online

take what i say with a grain of salt though because i dont own one and just play on one when im at a friends pad

I own and love my PS3 but every online game ive played on it always has lag and servers suck ect

360 always seemed to be quicker and better when playing online

take what i say with a grain of salt though because i dont own one and just play on one when im at a friends pad

That could have a hell of a lot more to do with your internet connection vs. your friend's internet connections (or your router vs your friend's router... your ethernet cable vs your friend's ethernet cable... etc.)

I've owned BOTH systems and used them both in this exact house AND elsewhere (including internationally) and there is zeeeeeeeeeero difference between how games perform in each system. So you can't just make a blanket statement like "360 is better online because you pay for it" without having both systems at your house (or at LEAST bringing your system to your friend's house).

I mean that simply holds no water.

Back