• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Cheapest 4TB HDD I've Ever Seen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol, about the only thing I walked aw ay from this thread with is buying Pants that almost cost as much as that drive! :p

Being serious.. 4tb is huge!

Lol, about the only thing I walked aw ay from this thread with is buying Pants that almost cost as much as that drive!

Being serious.. 4tb is huge!

XD, Some hyperbole - I bought these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VM6VJW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But they were nearly $100 with shipping :L

Anyway. This is the first time I've seen where a 4TB drive is cheaper than two 2TB drives in the same product line. Good, means they're perfecting they're grasp on the tech.

These would be amazing in a NAS, I bet.

well if people would delete all the junk on there computer then they would not need this... I have only 1tb hdd + 120 gb ssd and I get along fine... though the hdd is 1/2 way full... wait I just contradicted my self...

well if people would delete all the junk on there computer then they would not need this... I have only 1tb hdd + 120 gb ssd and I get along fine... though the hdd is 1/2 way full... wait I just contradicted my self...

not if they have blueray movies
star trek in HD i hear is like 500gb
i know thiddy has 25tb of raw storage
i have 2.5tb is my server and a 2tb is my computer becuase it was only $10 more than a 1tb

They had Seagate 4tb at Costco on sale a while back for $140 They are $170 or $180 normally.

They sell hard drives at Costco? Damn I really haven't been back there in forever, lol

XD, Some hyperbole - I bought these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VM6VJW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But they were nearly $100 with shipping :L

Anyway. This is the first time I've seen where a 4TB drive is cheaper than two 2TB drives in the same product line. Good, means they're perfecting they're grasp on the tech.

These would be amazing in a NAS, I bet.

Those look like pants strait out of a final fantasy video game. Kind of funny really.

I have a family of 4 and we don't have Cable tv , every thing we watch is off my Nas or netflix. So space is a good thing ( i need some more hdds the 5 tbs I have is almost full )

I have a family of 4 and we don't have Cable tv , every thing we watch is off my Nas or netflix. So space is a good thing ( i need some more hdds the 5 tbs I have is almost full )

I have the same issue. Aditionally, I can't seem to sit still in front of the actual TV. I like watching stuff better on my computer, where I can have a game (one that's time consuming, like SWTOR or Europa Universallis III) running at the same time.

trip died in the late 90's... I remember when they were cool (as someone who actually had a couple pairs because i'm a metalhead)
those pants are embarrassing to look at today.

Metalhead? Q_Q they're originally from European/American raves. But I like em. Hot Topic was pushing their new line of them on Facebook when I took interest, honestly I've never seen anyone wearing them at my high school except for one emo kid who would never say a word and just moped around. I didn't even know what they were called previous to Hot Topic tryin to sell em, theirs were ugly though. Eh. I needed to breakup the constant skinny jeans ive been wearin lately. What's old to many is new to me! lols. What kind of metal do you like? I , personally, like to Scream Bloody Gore

Those look like pants strait out of a final fantasy video game. Kind of funny really.

Partially why I bought them, they reminded me of the pants I had for my character on APB:R

Last edited:
I hope to hear experiences from people that do, I've heard that Seagates are less reliable than WD's, but it's just heresay untill someone actually comes back with a dead drive =P

Those have a very high return rate at the store i buy from, like i mean they had 5 open box specials because people returned them because they didn't like them. From past experience no matter the deal, i would steer away from Seagate, they've been building worse and worse drives since about 2008... just my opinion though :)

Edit: they're cheap for a reason, newegg is trying to get rid of the stock they have left, and because it's such a good deal, they'll get rid of more and more that they can return to the manufacturer because they DOA the more you return the more they money they can get back from seagate, i'm pretty certain they've realized they're crap so they're taking their losses and getting rid of them... again just my thoughts.

How much were there when this was posted? They are $189.99 now and I doubt people were posting about that price :)

Back