• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok crazy idea...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SubPar

Maybe not so crazy but is it possible to install the asus eah 5770 dcuII in my Amd rig along with the asus gtx 650ti boost as long as the the 5770 is only used for folding?
I did some googlin and have read it both ways :shrug: hoping you guys know something

Maybe not so crazy but is it possible to install the asus eah 5770 dcuII in my Amd rig along with the asus gtx 650ti boost as long as the the 5770 is only used for folding?
I did some googlin and have read it both ways :shrug: hoping you guys know something

It's no issue.

I had a 550ti and a 6850 in the same rig. Just install the AMd card first, install drivers then shove the Nvidia in and install it's own drivers.

All should be kosher. :)

awesome im going to do that right now lol, if i pause my folds will it pick them back up after i install the other card or should i let them finish and then do it?

awesome im going to do that right now lol, if i pause my folds will it pick them back up after i install the other card or should i let them finish and then do it?

Pause 'em, and they will pick up after you reboot :)

ok i installed the 2nd card into my box, and its folding away:attn: but now how do i tell F@H that i have 2 gpus to fold on currently the nvidia card is idle

nevermind i figured it out :D

MOAR POWER:clap:

ok i installed the 2nd card into my box, and its folding away:attn: but now how do i tell F@H that i have 2 gpus to fold on currently the nvidia card is idle

Care to share? Only my 6850 shows up, yet my 270x is in the first pci slot. :shrug:

Ok what i did was go into the configure menu>slots>add, this is where i checked the box beside the gpu indices, hit add and then it showed up and proceeded to fold :D

Attachments

• MOARPOWER.JPG
    MOARPOWER.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 64
Now i just gotta figure out how to monitor the 5770 lol :confused:

Edit: GPU-z works nicely

Thanks!

Weird. F@H only sees my 6850. Maybe it's becasue I cut open a pcie 1x slot and shoved the 6850 in it? :shrug:

As for monitoring, why not use MSI Afterburner?

afterburner is nice, but ive been using asus gpu tweak since i got the 650, and for some reason wouldnt let me monitor both, maybe i should try afterburner so i can monkey with the fan profiles etc

afterburner is nice, but ive been using asus gpu tweak since i got the 650, and for some reason wouldnt let me monitor both, maybe i should try afterburner so i can monkey with the fan profiles etc

Afterburner can monitor both GPU's yes. Just click "Settings" at the bottom of the afterburner GUI ;)

Back