• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox Live Payment Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phil178821

Trying to upgrade one of my silver accounts to gold.. i have tried on the phone, on the xbox, and on the computer.. they keep telling the credit card doesnt work. i have tried 48 hr free trial, they say the code doesnt work.

spent over an hr on the phone with xbox folks and they cannot figure this out..

i have verified all addresses line up. the credit cards (each that i tried) are all fully function, lol..

i have no idea whats going on..

i know this is a stretch, anyone have an idea?

Trying to upgrade one of my silver accounts to gold.. i have tried on the phone, on the xbox, and on the computer.. they keep telling the credit card doesnt work. i have tried 48 hr free trial, they say the code doesnt work.

spent over an hr on the phone with xbox folks and they cannot figure this out..

i have verified all addresses line up. the credit cards (each that i tried) are all fully function, lol..

i have no idea whats going on..

i know this is a stretch, anyone have an idea?

Just buy an xbox live gold card from practically any store in America. TRUST ME: You don't want them to get ahold of your credit card number anyway.

I repeat: TRUST ME.

I agree with Rainless here. I was able to get them to remove my credit card number via phone but it is a hassle.

well yeah they already have the number from previous accounts.. didnt realize what a mistake it was when i first signed up..

thing was.. you say go buy the cards.. but they weren't working either.. i have them and it wouldnt accept the cards.. so for two days nothing work to upgrade.

then, we called back the support number, after some swearing with the unintelligible tech on the phone, the 48 hr free pass, which wasnt previous working, finally did while registering on the xbox.

thanks guys..

Yeah I was stupid enough to use my CC for this as well, going to have alot of fun.

I agree with Rainless here. I was able to get them to remove my credit card number via phone but it is a hassle.
does it take long for them to remove credit card? i need to do it too :X cause my credit card isnt valid anymore

does it take long for them to remove credit card? i need to do it too :X cause my credit card isnt valid anymore

billing.microsoft.com can swap payment method there, my original card is still listed but has removed written next to it. quick and easy.. hate that they have them though.

Last edited:
billing.microsoft.com can swap payment method there, my original card is still listed but has removed written next to it. quick and easy.. hate that they have them though.
yeah i dont want to put new card up, i want to use 12 month gold cards instead lol so i might have to call them =/

you should be able to do it in account management from the console.. when you go to add new method of payment it allows you to choose credit card or prepaid gold cards. Not sure if you can do so at that website, i dont really want to advance far into the changing payment options and risk having to re-enter my card info.

If it's not valid then it shouldn't matter. ;) It took about two weeks for the billing.microsoft.com to say "removed" although they still leave the last 4 digits showing. It's seriously retarded. They tell you on the phone it could take a month.

why's that a problem if they have your credit card # ?

Because those lovely angels at Microsoft will hold your card FOREVER. And even if you think you've canceled your Live subscription... they'll keep charging you until you finally call tech support.

...THEN they'll connect you with some citizen of Atlantis who only speaks Water.

Then if you hassle the water guy long enough, he'll connect you to a manager who'll say he'll call you back later.

When you finally get your lawyers to subpoena Bill Gate's email address... they... well they still won't take your card off file... but they MIGHT stop charging it.

Back