• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this my max???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sifu quoc

my p3 700 cco is currently at 945. voltage is at 1.7 volts, 3.60 volts is the vio...

when i just up the fsb to 136, it will freeze... even if i go all the way to 1.95 volts... it just takes a matter of time....

be6-II 1.2, abit slotket, 128 mb muskin rev2, inno3d geforce 2 gts, maxtor 30 gig, ibm 30 gig, in raid... sblive value,

intel 2100 dsl modem

temp under full load is about 30 currently... 35 max in the day....

idle temp would be ambient temp...

radio shack thermal paste....

alpha pep66 w/ delta on the cpu, 120mm 7 volts intake, 2 80mm panaflo output...

golden orb on the video card...

try artic silver, if that dosn't help looks like it is your max, i have just bought a new case, more fans and a new heatsink in order to get my celeron furver, it didn't help

try artic silver, if that dosn't help looks like it is your max, i have just bought a new case, more fans and a new heatsink in order to get my celeron furver, it didn't help

You shouldn't need to run the i/o at 3.6 unless there is something holding you back. Try to OC with only the Vid card in the system. The fact that increasing the cpu voltage over 1.7 doen't help any does lead me to believe that the problem is elseware.

The Abit slocket is also questionable they don't always work right over 133fsb. I like MSI and Asus slockets.

Your hard drive may be holding you back but it is hard to say through your post, sorry but i think your VIO setting at 3.6 is just fine if i had the adjustment i'm sure i'd be at 3.6 abit boards [some] start at 3.5 so at 3.6 i would not worry. Do you have sideband disabled in registry? that will make a bid difference. There is the possability that yes you are done as all chips do overclock differently check the CPU database and see how others are doing with your chip to see if your anywhere near the average overclock with your chip.

This sounds like almost the same problem I had with my setup. With an Abit sloket I could not run my Celly II 600 over 927 at voltages up to 2.0v without lockups in Prime95. I switched to an MSI 6905 Master sloket and now run stable at 1008 with only 1.9v. I would definately try a different sloket befor giving up.

Sempei (Jun 02, 2001 11:47 a.m.):
This sounds like almost the same problem I had with my setup. With an Abit sloket I could not run my Celly II 600 over 927 at voltages up to 2.0v without lockups in Prime95. I switched to an MSI 6905 Master sloket and now run stable at 1008 with only 1.9v. I would definately try a different sloket befor giving up.

I've been seeing a lot of this regarding that Abit !!! slocket....I'd have to agree w/ Sempei, try a different slocket first.

Unless you really want to give up on it, in which case you could just mail it to me...=)

Mr B

if changing the Slotket doesnt werk try swapping out the video card w/ a different one, i once had that problem on one of my older systems, after i swapped out the video card i got a little more than 200 MHZ increase in my FSB

Back