• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Folding Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fcomstoc

A friend and I set up a new folding setup yesterday at work with 10 Dell Optiplex 780s, still waiting for the results.

Attachments

• 2014-02-13 18.58.33.jpg
    2014-02-13 18.58.33.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 302
  • 2014-02-13 18.58.49.jpg
    2014-02-13 18.58.49.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 300
This week we added more computers to the setup 10 more Optiplex 745s and 780s, this setup in the in our office though so it only runs on nights and weekends due to the noise and heat. Between these setups and the other computers I am running I am averaging 80,000+ points per day. :)

Attachments

• 2014-02-18 17.58.29.jpg
    2014-02-18 17.58.29.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 226
Nice setup! Would I be going to far if I said it is bordering on insane? :p

It really is to an extent, I would never have this sort of setup at my house or with computers I owned. We just did this as something to do on a slow day. I work in IT right now, so we have a lot of extra machines. They dont really rack up that many points but it is kind of fun, and they do get some. :)

Its more of a -because we can- situation. :)

Nice looking setup, fcomstoc. Looks like you have your location as Tempe, I happen to be not far from that area, and actually end up in Tempe pretty much daily for work.:thup:

Nice looking setup, fcomstoc. Looks like you have your location as Tempe, I happen to be not far from that area, and actually end up in Tempe pretty much daily for work.:thup:

That's cool, this setup is at my job, I work at ASU in IT so these setups are made of extra, unused computers. I am also a student at ASU (web development) and I work in Phoenix as well as a web developer. I have been out here for about 9 years.

That's cool, this setup is at my job, I work at ASU in IT so these setups are made of extra, unused computers. I am also a student at ASU (web development) and I work in Phoenix as well as a web developer. I have been out here for about 9 years.

I've been in the valley for coming up on 4 years, but I have been in AZ for about 9 or so. We actually have a few members all over the forums in the area. One of our folding team members is actually a good personal friend of mine that I try to keep in regular contact with, and was even at my wedding a year and a half ago. If you ever get a chance to meet up with WarriorII, take him up on it. He's a good guy.

Back