• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Painting cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squirtle632

I read the sticky before but wanted to know if you can paint a case with a paint brush and get the same quality.

I was thinking of an enamel based paint and putting on about 4 coats. If I sanded each coat with 1000+ grit sand paper and go out the swril marks................. then apllied clear coat to the final coat.

The automotive paint shop here in town wants $22.00 per 12oz can! :eek:

If i do end up getting this paint from my local store, how many can do you this I am going to need for 4 coats in an Inwin Q500 case? I was thinking of 2 but..........
Linky -----> http://www.kdcomputers.com/eui/prime/profile/304/23/component.htm

Ideas???

Last edited:
With a brush?
no, no, no, no....

You can get a great finish out of regular spray paint if you just do some fine color sanding, painting, color sanding...
But by all means,
do not use a brush.

I have no idea what the fasination is with automotive paint but do not use a brush.

With automotive paint they can do a custom color for me instead of just basic colors.... I am leaning towards a Leather Brown......
a forest green...... or a bit of a lighter hue than royal blue. I have not seen them in store bought spray cans hence I have to get them made up.

Yeah, but auto paint is typically *meant* for an airbrush, no? I've been in the English Paint stores before, hoping to buy a small can of paint. They would sell it, np... but they made it very clear that I'm supposed to have the whole air assembly to properly apply the stuff. When you go to a Maaco or whatever your local auto-body/paint shop is, they never use brushes. I guess you *could* use a brush, but you'll have streaks all over the place no matter how you try.

Greens and blues really shouldn't be a problem... if you can't find the exact color at the stores, try online.

Now... If you really want the brown-leather color and are unable to find a proper can of spray paint to match, why not go for the real thing? Go to your local Tandy Leather store and ask for a few yards of strapping macho-man brown leather! You'll be the envy of all the cowboys around town!

Speeking of Maco. If you can get a car painted for $300 or so I wonder what they'd charge for a case? Might have to ask. Esp if I did all the prep work.

i am wanting to paint a case but i was wondering what the best types of paint i should use for an airbrush.

Back