• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer time blues....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I run 4GHz and 1.28v during the winter, and then go down to stock voltage and 3.4GHz in the summer. I don't see much/any performance difference really. I just like seeing that I am at 4GHz :)

Why do you let your house get hot? I'm in south Florida and it feels like winter in my house 24/7

If you're a money saver like me, you can pick up some of those window A/C units for $80

My computer is in my bonus room(game room, office, etc.) above my garage. So, it's super cold in the winter and super hot in the summer. The rest of the house is normal.

i remember a few days ago it was 99F out and it was no joke 62F in my house :D, my wife wanted to beat me, she had a winter outfit on lol

That's my thing I love being 4ghz or higher it just looks so much better. The only time I notice the difference is while running benchmarks and stuff which sadly I don't really have the time for. I remember the my first builds like my AMD K6-2 which was 450mhz and by setting to jumpers (God the old jumpers were fun) to 533mhz I was hooked. I later overclocked my nvidia tnt-2 with a whopping 64mbs (it was $399 card at the time) by I think 50mhz. I never even thought about temps back then because there was no real software or hardware to check it. It was kinda an out of sight out of mind thing.

Im sure glad i joined this forum because its nice to talk to people who understand. My wife and friends are like 2500k what the hell is that? Gpu's what are those? :D

I keep my house about 60f and my wife whines at me :) i tell her to put some shoes on. My first one was pent1 66mhz!!! Moved up to SLot 1 pent 2 :) 266mhz ,then later on i bought a vodoo 3000 GPU!! (POWER BABY) :D

God those were the good old days. I wanted 3dfx card soooo bad but everytime I went to compusa they were sold out... :( My wife would beat me black and blue if I set the a/c that low. She had a fit when the PG&E bill hit 92.86 last month mostly due to folding 24/7 and light a/c usage.

If your PC room must be cold, you can block a bit of ventage in the other rooms so the PC room gets more coolage.

I live with a hot PC room, was 109 in Vegas today. 81F I figure, move hermometer to check fridge I was keeping a turkey ready to smoke. I love smoking..............meat.

Yes, PG&E is the electric bill. Before I starting folding 24/7 the monthly electric bill was running around $65-70 after folding $92+. I know it's not that bad and while we rented our house I took care of the electric bills which was $120-195 depending on heating and a/c usage. Thank god I don't have a fx8150 overclocked to 4.4ghz ;)

If your PC room must be cold, you can block a bit of ventage in the other rooms so the PC room gets more coolage.

I live with a hot PC room, was 109 in Vegas today. 81F I figure, move hermometer to check fridge I was keeping a turkey ready to smoke. I love smoking..............meat.

No cental air or I would block vents for my(our) room. We have one large wall unit that cools most of the apartment problem is we keep our bedroom door closed so my toddler son does not get into our stuff.

Ok i see what your saying now, that where you keep the door closed to keep the kid out, the cool air really dont make it in the room very where.. What about replacing your side panel with like a.... Box fan? just for time being of course :)

That thought alone makes me cringe... With that being said I think I will either ask the wife if it's ok to buy a stand alone a/c unit for the room or just move the pc to the living room. Those are some good btw with your h100 under load with a nice OC.

Don't have to fold but i like the principal of helping humanity out when im not actually using my rig. It makes me feel better since I lost a family member to cancer.

Same blues here in Corsica: 34°C/93°F ambient and no air-co...

Had to lower my GTX 580 OC from 970MHz to 945...

93f and no a/c would kill my wife. You have some nice overclocks it must have been during the winter months :) do you run 5ghz now that it is so hot and if so what are your temps?

Still running 5GHz.
Max temp under Prime Blend: high 60s to high 70s (depending on the core).

And in winter, with the windows opened, it can go down to -5°C/23°F:shock:

$90 ELECTRIC BILL???

God, Id die for that... My electric bill last month alone was $300. Doesnt include anything other than that and it still hasnt been that hot yet.

Good god! I don't know if this helping at all but everything in our apartment is plugged into an oulet that can shut off by a light switch. I just got the newest bill for last months electricty and without folding 24/7 the bill dropped to $55.92. lol! I think the meter is wrong because it really low but I am not going to say a word to anyone... except overclockers! :D

Back