• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help w/ Case Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxis

Registered
Just downloaded and ran MBM last night. Gawd. What a shock...
My mobo temp (Abit BM6-socket 370) showing 45C while my CPU temp (Celery 400 not-o/c'ed, with Intel boxed hsf) showing 50C.

This is my case drawing. It is similar to YCC-801 case, although it is not it... (this one comes with plastic slider for drives, no screw)

[img="[URL]http://www.geocities.com/maxis95/Case.gif[/URL]"]

Cool drawing huh? :) Anyway here's some notes:
The little blue dot is the thermistors. The 40mm (or issit 30mm?) fan on the back is not installed (it's available). The 80mm fan in front has some air blockage issue (the case will be drilled to open more soon). There is one empty 5.25 bay that I can slid in a bay cooler if needed be. The back and side (not shown) aeration holes are covered with tape (someone suggested that). All cables and stuff are stuffed neatly (no round cables though).

Any suggestion as to reduce the temp inside my case?
Should I:
a. buy that 40mm fan and install it to flow out (or in?)
b. buy bay cooler? issit worthed?
c. change the 80mm to something larger? (don't know if I can or not... forgot to measure the case)
d. others?

I am also awaiting my Celery 566 w/ Intel boxed hsf (yes, again), thinking about o/c-ing it to 700 or more. I am also buying AS2 and plan to use it with the Celery 566. Do you think I should buy Alpha PEP66T and install it before I o/c'ed that CPU?

Thank you for your help! Really...

It is showing up on my computer so if you want to fix it or email/icq it to me I'll have a look and send you back any suggestions

your link is not working, so i can't help you. fix it so everyone here can help you. Like phil said, you can shoot me an e-mail too and i will be more than happy to help you out with some ideas.

Sorry bout that...
My geocities link to the picture was somehow messed up.
It should be up now (as it was yesterday morning)

Maxis (Apr 12, 2001 11:29 a.m.):
Just downloaded and ran MBM last night. Gawd. What a shock...
My mobo temp (Abit BM6-socket 370) showing 45C while my CPU temp (Celery 400 not-o/c'ed, with Intel boxed hsf) showing 50C.

This is my case drawing. It is similar to YCC-801 case, although it is not it... (this one comes with plastic slider for drives, no screw)

[img="[URL]http://www.geocities.com/maxis95/Case.gif[/URL]"]

Cool drawing huh? :) Anyway here's some notes:
The little blue dot is the thermistors. The 40mm (or issit 30mm?) fan on the back is not installed (it's available). The 80mm fan in front has some air blockage issue (the case will be drilled to open more soon). There is one empty 5.25 bay that I can slid in a bay cooler if needed be. The back and side (not shown) aeration holes are covered with tape (someone suggested that). All cables and stuff are stuffed neatly (no round cables though).

Any suggestion as to reduce the temp inside my case?
Should I:
a. buy that 40mm fan and install it to flow out (or in?)
b. buy bay cooler? issit worthed?
c. change the 80mm to something larger? (don't know if I can or not... forgot to measure the case)
d. others?

I am also awaiting my Celery 566 w/ Intel boxed hsf (yes, again), thinking about o/c-ing it to 700 or more. I am also buying AS2 and plan to use it with the Celery 566. Do you think I should buy Alpha PEP66T and install it before I o/c'ed that CPU?

Thank you for your help! Really...

Ok, now that I've seen a pic I'll comment :)

First pull that tape off of there, you're not allowing for good air exchange. You're sucking in air but not giving it anyplace to exhaust. I would definantly put in an exhaust fan once you remove the tape from the holes. If that pic is somewhat accurate you might have a few problems keeping the CPU cool due to it being blocked by the power supply. This will limit what you can put on the CPU. If you have a dremel, I would also cut out the fan grills to maximise airflow (just be careful with your fingers).

here is what i suggest, get a bunch of fans, i mean alot, on my main box i have 2 120mm fans blowing air directly on the cards attached to the mobo and one directly over the processor, then, i have 2 80 mm fans sucking air in from the front of the case, 2 80mm fans blowing air out of the back, and 2 120mm fans at the top of the case, i have made sepical ducts for them so they take the hot air away more effichantly and don't just suck random air

do something like this, i garuntee you will see a +15'C drop in your temp, if not more

Back