• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build up on Tubes only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
strange thing GTXJackBauer, one of the tubes was the inlet side of a GPU block, the other was the outlet. So the only thing between those tubes was the GPU block

There's a good probability that residue/stuff is inside the block.

How is your PrimoChill Advanced LRT holding out BTW GTXJackBauer ?

Honestly, I can't say for sure since its a solid white tubing. I seem to have blockage somewhere since my flow rate is very low atm and has been but the cooling is still doable since I have the fans jack up a bit (1400RPM vs 800RPM) as well as the pumps (55% PWM vs 40% PWM). I am pushing more towards of debris lodged in the water block channels but I don't want to single out the tubing not being the culprit just yet. My reservoir is clean but I want to wait and see when I do a complete tear down if the tubing held up or not. In most cases you hear great things about the tubing and I've been using it for, I wanna say almost 2+ years now? (I think lol) So I can't give you a definite answer atm but I still do recommend this tubing regardless.

I also should add, once I added another radiator to the loop a few months ago is when the flow started deteriorating.

There's a good probability that residue/stuff is inside the block.

Honestly, I can't say for sure since its a solid white tubing. I seem to have blockage somewhere since my flow rate is very low atm and has been but the cooling is still doable since I have the fans jack up a bit (1400RPM vs 800RPM) as well as the pumps (55% PWM vs 40% PWM). I am pushing more towards of debris lodged in the water block channels but I don't want to single out the tubing not being the culprit just yet. My reservoir is clean but I want to wait and see when I do a complete tear down if the tubing held up or not. In most cases you hear great things about the tubing and I've been using it for, I wanna say almost 2+ years now? (I think lol) So I can't give you a definite answer atm but I still do recommend this tubing regardless.

I also should add, once I added another radiator to the loop a few months ago is when the flow started deteriorating.

Got a little sister and left her unsupervised near your reservoir?

sea_monkeys.jpg

My pumps runs at like 27%, but I am using a MCP35X2 :p but you should really look into breaking down your loop GTXJackBauer and seeing where the problem is

my only worrie about PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing is how stiff it is, I looked back at my order history and found that a while ago I ordered it, and i found what i think what is an old piece of it, and it seems really stiff and hard to fit over my compression fittings

Got a little sister and left her unsupervised near your reservoir?

sea_monkeys.jpg

:rofl:

My pumps runs at like 27%, but I am using a MCP35X2 :p but you should really look into breaking down your loop GTXJackBauer and seeing where the problem is

With the software that I use, I am only able to go down to 40% PWM. It's Corsair Link and very buggy. It's been years and they still haven't figured it out.

I really thought about going with the Aquaero 6 route but it seems they make things complicating and most of the support is in German even thought they have a english section. I just hope some company wakes up and makes a killer monitoring and PWM/non-PWM controlling unit (Fans/Pumps/Air+Water Temp Sensors) w/ a nice color display for a great price here in the states. I'd be all over it, of course after great reviews. I learned my $150+ lesson jumping in blind on a certain product. (Corsair Link)

my only worrie about PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing is how stiff it is, I looked back at my order history and found that a while ago I ordered it, and i found what i think what is an old piece of it, and it seems really stiff and hard to fit over my compression fittings

Well that depends on the size of the tubing. For example the tubing I chose 1/2" x 3/4" can be a pain getting on a compression fitting but the end result is its ubber tight. I am not familiar with lower sizes but have heard certain ones are easy to use. I am the more security type first and knowing its on super tight.

Last edited:
Primo LRT Advanced is stiffer than some others from my experience, but I am still a noob and have only used I believe 3 brands, XSPC HighFlex (personal favorite for better color and uv colors), DangerDen, and more recently the Primo LRT Advanced.

While slightly stiffer you should not have an issue with little force putting it on your fittings. If it comes to it you can also boil some water and let the ends loosen up in it for an easier fit.

looks like it, I hope it was cheap or you don't mind looking at it. It should work though, just aesthetically not pleasing.

looks like it, I hope it was cheap or you don't mind looking at it. It should work though, just aesthetically not pleasing.

You want to clean things like that or it'll just progress down the road and get worse. Don't want to leave things looking like let alone perform.

Back