• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Buzzing sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thekamikazepr

So i just notice today that my PSU is making abuzzing sound.

And you know how it is, once you notice a flaw on soimething you cant just get it out lol :bang head

now, the real question is....

Should i be concerned about this PC security concern?
If the manufacturer allows it should I RMA it?

Should i just get over it?

The noise is while just browsing im not gaming or anything atm and its buzzing

I would not take a chance if you know for sure it is the PSU buzzing, I would RMA. You don't want it to blowup.:eh?:

I would not take a chance if you know for sure it is the PSU buzzing, I would RMA. You don't want it to blowup.:eh?:

That's what I tought. Tried cleaning it with dust vac but noise kept on so rma submitted, none in stock so I'm getting a refund, ended better for me since I just pocket $100 in the exchange going from 1000 watts gold. To 750 bronze .

with the classy i have performance near the same levels, Many people said that swapping will be a down grade (780 it self) but to be honest this has (w/o overclocking) at least 10% more performance to a reference 780. once you over clock you get some extra juice out of it so you are almost on par (FPS wise) with a 780ti reference.

In the long run in my personal opinion if i had to chose between this and a 290x, which are in the exact same price range with MSRP, after they reset to their original value, which will be soon, I will pick this card 10 times over.

Here are facts that I do notice even if you have a stable 290/290x

Software wise:
1- If you over do the OC you just get a driver crash versus a black screen with 290/290x.
2- If for example you have "apply Oc at windows startup" with 290/290x and is a overdue clock, good luck its a living nightmare to get your pc to work (the first time around I ended up re-imaging, the second time it took me 2 hours).
3- Geforce experience >>> AMD combat evolve.
4- I was lacking good Xfire support in AMD for over 4 months I was not able to use my cards in crossfire while using my headset it will sound stutter, if i used headset then it will disable all usb ports.... This was fixed in the second mantle patch
5- overall being able to press your macro to record the last "X" seconds of your gameplay is amazing, I don't stream, and AMD Radeon pro is decent for amd, but when you do a WTF moment or some one in your party says something amazing or does something stupid tyou could always go back.

Hardware wise:
1- The noise level. The 780 classy is so silent that after 3-4 months I finally notice my PSU had a failure (squeeking/buzzing sound).... LOL over all this card is so silent that the system makes similar sound with air cooling than with a 360mm rad shared between this and CPU (with no overclock in neither) .
2- Heat level, 95 degrees vs not even hitting 70..... yeah that helps the case and my life as a whole lol.

now that they are releasing the 6gb version theres really no reason why not to get a 780 over a 290x.

or just wait for maxwell at end of year i guess

Back