• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No gigabyte

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ancient11

Registered
I have noticed that not many people use gigabyte motherboards and I find that very strange. Gigabyte has always been reliable and durable, plus it's always had excellent options on it. However things do change with time and I am wondering if I have missed something.

This is the board that I am going to get the first of the month unless someone here gives me a good reason not to. It is the GIGABYTE Socket 1155/Intel P67/CrossFireX&?SLI/SATA3&USB3.?0/A&GbE/ATX Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3

If there is a reason that I should stay away from this board, please let me know.
Thank you very much
ancient

Nothing wrong with the UD4. From what I've seen, almost everyone on the SB market is going for ASUS or Gigabye boards, with a few to MSI. Haven't seen any really popular boards outside of those brands...
*Shrugs*. EVGA hasn't released anything (yet) though.

I dont know why a lot of people aren't big on the Gigabyte boards. I like the company. They assemble their own mobos as opposed to contracting the job out to foxconn and the like, as a lot of other mfg's do.

The UD3P that I built my buddy's 2500K system on was the best board I have seen in my life for $145. It never once gave us a single issue and we had everything up and running on try 1, also the overclock to 4.5ghz stable as can be (it has been 5 months) took ten minutes.

My friend couldn't be happier with the board and if I were to build on SB I'd get a UD4 probably. Some people have complained but I think it's just human error here and there. No doubt the odd board is bad, from anybody, but I think Gigas boards for this gen are very good.

owned a x58-ud3r for 3 weeks then it wouldnt post anymore, dead. sent it in for rma to gigashyte and they said, without ever asking what other hardware i was using, that all other hardware is incompatible or defective and that their motherboard is good. never buying anything labeled gigabyte again, they stole $220 from me and wont get anymore.

I ordered the UD4 for my latest SB build. A lot of people want to recommend the P8P67, but it seems the people running the UD4 are still very happy and it seems to edge most other SB boards in gaming performance. It may turn out to be a dud, but I doubt it and look forward to using. It's just plain sexy looking as well, which is always a plus for me :)

owned a x58-ud3r for 3 weeks then it wouldnt post anymore, dead. sent it in for rma to gigashyte and they said, without ever asking what other hardware i was using, that all other hardware is incompatible or defective and that their motherboard is good. never buying anything labeled gigabyte again, they stole $220 from me and wont get anymore.

WTH, thats why you just tell your cc company to cancel payment.

I hate their "blue" theme,
with those many color on their expansion slot, not to mention their "roller coaster" heatpipe :lol

I really missed the DFI (just 2 color on their slots) with their low profile appearance :(

with those many color on their expansion slot, not to mention their "roller coaster" heatpipe :lol

I really missed the DFI (just 2 color on their slots) with their low profile appearance :(

The ud4 is a purdy black :)

oh no, I absolutely loved the beautiful blue and those pretty expansion slots which were so easy to identify. The heat sink was rather dignified and said we care enough to put something that actually work's.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, for our tastes are certainly different. But that could be a good thing because it causes diversity.

I love Gigabyte boards. Never owned one. But built a LGA 1366 system with the UD5 in it for a mate, and he's never had issues 2 years going. Built another system with the UD5P for a different friend with AMD 965 again like 2 years ago. No issues for either system (cept for a required bios update for the UD5P to allow the 965 to run properly).

I was looking at the latest Gigabyte Killer 1 series to replace my current board. Love them in terms of features/looks. It's refined and well thought out. (Though I'm leaning towards the Asus Rampage Black Edition more simply because I'm coming from a Rampage Gene).

OK, that's good to know. But, please give a bit more information. This is exactly the board I want to use and I was going to purchase one today. What troubles have you had??

I'm curious too, because I placed my order on Friday...but since it hasn't shipped I can still make the change to either the P8P67-Pro or P67A-GD65. This is really the first person I've seen comment like this about the board.

well if you are gonna overclock there have been people with issues of it not liking to keep the overclock when rebooting i have verified that i am not the only one with these issues on this board. its like it has an "unstable overclock" but i can run the settings for weeks and reboot and it does it.i have tried to swap out every piece of equipment in the mobo and still same issues. it will just sit there and try to boot up some times for upto 20 minutes and eventually reset the bios settings

i love Gigabyte! all my benching has been done on Gigabyte boards and they are rock solid. I have been at some benching parties with other boards were being benched and Gigabyte seems reliable, sometimes not the best performance but you can always by better boards from Gigabyte too. never had one issue, you can beat the boards they the won't die. (figuratively speaking). also as for some people complaining about colour, I would have a pink mobo if it had the best performance. but colour isn't an issue on p67 since Gigabyte went with a sexy black scheme.

well if you are gonna overclock there have been people with issues of it not liking to keep the overclock when rebooting i have verified that i am not the only one with these issues on this board. its like it has an "unstable overclock" but i can run the settings for weeks and reboot and it does it.i have tried to swap out every piece of equipment in the mobo and still same issues. it will just sit there and try to boot up some times for upto 20 minutes and eventually reset the bios settings

I thought the constant reboot was an issue caused the PLL voltage option being turned on in the BIOS. There are quite a few people at OCN who had this problem and most just backed their BIOS up and then disabled the PLL control. I'll have to look through my archives, but I seem to remember a fix for that.

if you find a fix for it id love it lol i icant go over 4.4 ghz without pll overvoltage enabled lol :D

Back