• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No gigabyte

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My UD4 arrived this morning. I hate having to work all day knowing I have new goodies waiting at home. I'll probably hook everything up outside of the case tonight just to make sure it isn't DOA and then wait to do a full install once everything else comes in.

I just had to take back my ASUS (bent pins) and replaced it with a gigabyte..........I should have done this first...........Not a speck of trouble with this board GA P67A UD7 B3.........on the other hand....support was good with ASUS as they gave my money back, no questions.....

Corsair is going to beat Ultra every day of the week. If I recall correctly Ultra had one (1) PSU that was worthwhile, and bunch that were not.

For most people and most uses the 2500K is every bit as good as the 2600K, you only need the 2600K if you're doing something with >4 threads.

I used a UD5 rev1 for close to 2 years, I still have it.. I recently upgraded to a R3F, its a pretty nice board.. I spent alot of time smack talking my old giga, but after useing the 2 boards, the giga is actually nicer then I thought it was. I was going to sell it when this one came, but Im not so sure I will do that just yet. What caught my attention was that the giga was a faster folder then my asus, by a fair bit.. Maybe I just need to learn to tweak this thing, but I didnt really have to tweak the giga to get it to perform. I havent done too much with this board as far as benching goes.. But it is much more refined, and excellent in its own right.. I can run 4ghz with tight timeings @ all auto settings, wich is impressive because my cpu needs 1.35 just to do 4ghz :D

agreed the corsair is miles better than ultra no question about it ..if you want modular look at corsairs models and seasonic and xfx has some very good deals and are very good units...stay away from ultra if possible...

Corsair is going to beat Ultra every day of the week. If I recall correctly Ultra had one (1) PSU that was worthwhile, and bunch that were not.

For most people and most uses the 2500K is every bit as good as the 2600K, you only need the 2600K if you're doing something with >4 threads.

The only thing that I am really considering changing is the motherboard and that is not because of the complaints here or because I feel Asus is better than gigabyte. The reason I am considering changing is so that he can help me with the electrical connections. He can show me how to connect the case wiring to the motherboard correctly plus all the other connections. He can do so verbally as well as visually by using the WebCam. It has been close to 10 years since I've done any work at all on my computer and my mind has really gone down hill since that time even though I take my Aircept and Namendia daily.

I managed to contact him about my little problem and it took him 30 seconds to come up with the solution of shutting down MPC in the bios, then rebooting, then enabling MPC again, then rebooting and whala – I have two cores again. Dragon NaturallySpeaking is very grateful and so am I. I fear that I will be in the same shape when it comes time to assemble the computer. – – That is the only reason I am considering changing motherboards.

oh no, I absolutely loved the beautiful blue and those pretty expansion slots which were so easy to identify. The heat sink was rather dignified and said we care enough to put something that actually work's.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, for our tastes are certainly different. But that could be a good thing because it causes diversity.

yep, it's just a matter of taste:salute:

It is things like this, is why a friend of mine that lives in California (2000 miles away but we communicate by WebCam) is trying to get me to make a couple of changes in my choices. The first one he feels is not really that important and that is the CPU, he feels that for my needs the 2500 K would be a better choice than the 2600 K but as he said "if it makes you feel better then go right ahead and get the 2600 K.

The second thing he brought up was power supplies, he feels that I will get cleaner power plus I will get a better warranty with the Ultra X4 Modular Power Supply than I would with the Corsair. But he said the Corsair would be just fine but is not as modular and I will have one cord that I will have to rollup and tuck away.

He said the one thing that he does worry about is that at my age when things tend to get complicated that I may become confused. He realizes this will be my last build and he wants it to go as smoothly as possible. He feels that the bios in the gigabyte is far too complicated whereas the Asus is just a matter of throwing two switches. He also stated that if i get confused while trying to wire the board up, he would not have an example to go by and could not use the WebCam to actually show me the connection's.

After spending four days googling and doing other research, on a problem I am now having with the XPS 400 only showing one core in Windows task manager and Cpuid saying it only has one core. I am now realizing that I am not as sharp as I once was and I am ready to ask for help with it, so I am thinking that perhaps it would be prudent to go along with his request.

Operating on a single core is really killing Dragon Naturally Speaking, it is now lagging real bad. When we talk again I will ask him if he can help me on this.

I used to have a gigabyte mobos,
the 780 ds3, and the p965 dq6.......
compared to my current dfi p35 ut, the gigabyte bios is much simpler and very informative too (especially on the ram timmings).....
I owe the gigabyte for teaching me how to OC though,
but I just love the 8 phase digital PWM of DFI more:D

Just thought I'd add, I haven't bought a new motherboard since I got my Gigabyte. When I plan on upgrading my rig, I plan on looking at Gigabyte's options.

I have always bought gigabyte board's with the exception of two. The reason I bought other brands then, was the computer retail shop was out of gigabyte boards and I had to have one that day. Otherwise gigabyte has been my main computer board, but I was young then, and had a sharp mind.

Today I find myself having to depend on other people to help me. If I get a gigabyte board that I will be on my own with absolutely no help. If I get an Asus board, then he can show me how to connect the front of the case up and also where to plug the other wires up. If I have to go into the bios, then he can help me there. He can show me visually as well as verbally unless I get a gigabyte board and then there is no help whatsoever. Remember, you will get to be 80 one day yourself.

I am getting the Corsair T 600 graphite case and the 1250 Corsair 80+ Gold power supply. A bit of overkill, but that is one place I don't want to skimp. I just hate losing the lifetime warranty on the other power supply, but five years is good.

geeze all this complaining...giga builds great boards..yea some people have had a bad experience but ive had bad experiences with almost all mobo manufactures at one time or another...sometimes as unfortunate as it is you get a bad board...its never stopped me from buying another from that manufacturer...
all said and done giga builds great boards along with asus and biostar, msi,dfi,asrock and even ecs for stock use...its like why keep beating up on a particular brand because if you look over computer forums giga has a huge amount of users that are thrilled with their boards..gotta account for something...
and if you do get a bad one and have to deal with rma through the manufacturer its a hassle for sure but all are about the same 2-4 weeks....
i build computers for a living and i see all kinds of boards and like i said sometimes you get a bad one...life is not perfect....

I am using a P67a UD4 Board.. I have had no issue's with the rebooting. It has worked really flawlessly. I also have built a couple more with the same UD4 boards and they have had no issue's. I have also owned a few other Gigabyte boards and have had no issue's with them either. The sleep function due to previous issue's with prior MS OS's.. I just disable it.

I have been building for quite a long time and I only use gigabyte boards, you will always have haters in regards to any product... I have never had that reboot issue but do agree with bobnova and the bios thing..

Beating the dead horse, just because I have to :chair:

I ordered a UD4 with my initial 2600k "build". I had the exact same problems as several users of the constant rebooting, not wanting to hold even mild oc settings.. etc.

I did go through every bios available official and non* , to no avail. Since I ordered mine through the egg. I got a full replacement on it, and picked up my P67 Sabertooth from another user here BNIB (with receipt ;) ) This board has been an absolute pleasure although my chip has proved to be mediocre in oc capability.

I cant say I will never own a giga board again, and I've owned PLENTY in the past, they were always very long-life reliable boards. But a round about I had with their support just regarding warranty questions about my gtx570 (giga). Left me feeling they put some pretty dim-witted people behind the lines of that customer front. THAT, may likely sway future purchases. But I cant deny that they have, do, and probably will proceed to make some pretty exceptional quality products. At least from an engineering standpoint.

I love my gigabyte x58a-ud3r

I also have the x58a-ud3r, and it has served me well for over a year now. I had the RMA the first one to Newegg, due to the onboard lan not working. The current one has been fine for over a year. OC to 4ghz was easy as can be. I do agree that the colors could be better, but my case is without a window, so what do I care. The heatsinks on the board actually work well, which is more than I can say for other boards I have owned. All told I have had a decent experience, minus the initial rma, but like someone else already said, all companies will have a bad board now and again.

Heh, and Im struggling now with Asus who cannot seem to find my motherboard which they received according to tracking on 4/20...

(see how easy it is to *****? :p)

Did they find it yet? Ever consider that them losing it might have something to do with the date they received it on?:p

Just to share my experiences, my last 3 boards including my current board (x58a-ud5) have been nothing short of fantastic. I have always loved Gigabyte boards because their rock solid stability and high quality. Overclocking is a breeze and I happen to like the color scheme of the boards. +1 for Giga.

Back