• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X6 1070T Locked Clock Multiplier 11.5 WTF!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GusCajal

Hello everyone!
I am new to the forum, not really new to this, I always read them.
My name is Gustavo, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I am trying to overclock my AMD Phenom II X6 1070T (it says 1075T in some programs) I never tried to do it with this processor and I had never set its clock speed ...
I have noticed that the clock multiplier never goes higher than 11.5!
This is really crazy, on the MOBO the clock multiplier is at 15, as originally brought.
I have tried fiddling all the parameters, managed to raise the FSB to 240Mhz, ¨overlock the AMD¨to 2800Mhz, but I cannot raise the clock multiplier more than 11.5
If I can lower it to 10, 9, 8 but never go higher than 11.5
Does anyone have any idea what I should configure?
This is the first time this has happened to me.

Specifications

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1070T (non BE)
MOBO: Gigabyte ga-870a-usb3
RAM: 8bg 2x4gb Kingston Hyperx Fury 1333mhz Ddr3
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2gb

Pictures

eOU05zO.jpg

YUOcmQE.jpg

qEHlPPI.jpg

zhUuedH.jpg

ubj2Vqf.jpg

FPZt3CO.jpg

HpJ4KJc.jpg

Greetings and thanks for your help!

No such thing as a 1070T. It is a 1075T. It is because you have CPU Unlock enabled. Disable it.
There is nothing to unlock on that chip.
Update your bios. There are at least 2 newer than you're running.
Turn off core boost.

Turn off C&Q.

Turn off turbo core boost. I think you were confusing unlocking disabled cores with unlocking the multiplier. All the cores are enabled on that CPU. from the factory. A lot of people have been confused this way.

Thank you very much for your help!
I already managed to do a simple OC!

4NWnvQu.jpg

Greetings and thanks again!

You are welcome.

That motherboard will limit your overclock. It doesn't have a very stout power deliver section (what we call "VRM") and no heatsink on the VRM.

Please add pics of the "Memory" tab at your current overclock level. One thing you need to realize is that when you oveclock with the front side bus frequency it also speeds up the memory frequency. Look back at your first post and at the CPU-z memory tab pic you attached. Same with HT and NB frequency. They all rise with increases in the FSB frequency and can cause instability well before you have reached the overclock potential of the CPU cores. So you might be able to squeeze more out of the cores if you set the memory to a lower frequency divider to begin with and also lower the HT and NB multipliers a bit.

How are you stress testing your overclock?

Hi Trents

Everything went back to normal, the OC did not work for what I really wanted.
It was stable, I tested it with Cinebench R15 and then playing GTA5 and rendering with Sony Vegas pro 13 (which was what I really wanted to improve)
The rendering speed did not improve much, I only improve 2 minutes in a long video. It really is not much improvement and the cpu reached 55 ° C when it normally reaches 45 ° C in stress
So I decided to leave it in stock, I thought that with OC it would improve but I think it is a RAM memory problem =?
I leave photos of how it is now

4Hwcour.jpg
XLG8UgN.jpg
iSfQNxV.jpg
qIDftmO.jpg

I had planned to put 2 more Kingston modules, so I have 16gb RAM, maybe that will improve the rendering time.

What do you think?

Back