• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED No graphics card capable of dual 1440 monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uselessmidget

Hello everyone,
I have bought multiple EVGA cards in the past, I use them in all my builds, I very much want to stick with them.

My boss wants to run dual 1440 monitors, I have been researching the evga cards but none of them are capable of 5120x1440.
Even the $1400 Titan Black has a maximum of 4096x2160.

My questions are:
1. When you sli does it automatically increase your max resolution? If so: How do I calculate how much larger of a resolution it will have once two cards have been SLI?

2. Is it true you have to use the dvi-d and dvi ports combined to feed just one of the 1440 monitors?

P.S. Newegg doesn't sell any 1440 monitors that are atleast 30". They are 2560x1600. Why would the manufacture even sell this? Its not a 16:9 ratio, its a waste of time.

Welcome!!! :)

1. Nope.
1a. Not relevant, see above.
2. Nope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

RE: PS - That is your opinion, yes. Not everything needs to be a specific aspect ratio... does it? If so why do you feel this way? What will it do or not do at that aspect ratio???

As far as driving the two monitors, plug one into one card and one in the other I believe...

1. Nope.
1a. Not relevant, see above.
2. Nope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

RE: PS - That is your opinion, yes. Not everything needs to be a specific aspect ratio... does it? If so why do you feel this way? What will it do or not do at that aspect ratio???

As far as driving the two monitors, plug one into one card and one in the other I believe...

TL;DR could tell by first sentence writer is pretentious and full of himself. Found my answer else where. Sorry to the good community of overclockers I know this guy is just one bad egg.

Evga lists on there site max resolution is "x" they did not denote that resolution is per output port, that is where the confusion came from.

Wow.. I did not mean to come across that way... :shrug:, my apologies...

I was just asking why the apparent 'strong' opinion about a specific resolution. I genuinely do not understand the 'absolute' nature of that opinion.

So what is the answer so those that may run across this thread can see it?

Wow.. I did not mean to come across that way... :shrug:, my apologies...

I was just asking why the apparent 'strong' opinion about a specific resolution. I genuinely do not understand the 'absolute' nature of that opinion.

So what is the answer so those that may run across this thread can see it?

The answer is that it supports multiple 1440p or 1600p displays just fine, but the OP wasn't reading correctly.

Also, OP, thanks for joining and instantly attacking someone trying to help you.
Earthdog's response didn't come off as "pretentious and full of himself" in the slightest.

But, uselessmidget, you came off as needy and argumentative.

To clarify for anyone reading the thread in the future: As stated before, this restriction is per output. I'm running an EVGA 770 Classified, which has 4 outputs (2x DVI, 1x Displayport, 1x HDMI). This single card will drive all 4 of my LG 27EA83R 27" 2560x1600 monitors without an issue; no SLI or anything fancy needed. I even do 3x surround gaming with the bottom three monitors.

kPJMSxG.png

XlRKV6F.png

OP, if you have any questions or would like further clarification, we'd be happy to help out.

Back