• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitors Identified Incorrectly, Help Plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twiggz

I have a PC setup for my kid. He has dual monitors both on DVI (older card GTX 760). Anyway One is Normal Landscape and the other is Setup Vertically in Portrait. Windows is identifying them incorrectly. I have the proper monitor setup as the main screen so that isn't the issue. If you go to screen resolution the monitors look right, landscape is on left and portrait on the right and labeled 1 and 2 respectively. However, when I click identify It shows them backwards. Portrait is 1 and landscape is 2. I have tried to plug them into the card differently and swapping them around within the screen resolution setting makes no difference. They are clearly different, one is horizontal, and the other is vertical. However, they look correct 1 and 2, until i click identify and then it shows main as 2 and the portrait as 1, clearly windows is seeing them wrong.

When he loads into Fortnite it even tries to load his main screen into the portrait resolution of the second monitor, that's how I knew something was wrong. I cannot figure out how to fix it because it seems like windows is properly labeling them within screen resolution, but it contradicts itself when I click on identify.

My bedroom rig (AMD GPU) identifies the two monitors backwards from Windows, so I ignore Windows and use CCC. Have you tried right clicking on the desktop and selecting 'NVIDIA Control Panel'? The settings there may help you straighten it out. You want this screen:

this one.JPG

Looks correct through Nvidia also, but detect button still shows backwards.

Back