• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 XT safe load temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hey there,

Just been using ATI tool to see what my max core and memory is....

Cutrious to know what the max safe load temp is. Highest I managed to get it up to was 74*c... That sounds pretty hot to me, I was just wondering if that was okay?

It has got the stock hsf on it and it running at 530/560.

Come on...

I have tried searching, someone must know!

my x800xl runs around 55c load @ 440/500, its pretty much the same card as yours just slower clocks, that sounds kind of high to me but i dont know how high these cards can go

Have you got the stock cooler on?

Maybe the extra frequency really does generate an awful lot of heat. These are really good cards, my last card was a X800Pro and before that I had a 9800Pro. I really like ATI now after being an nVidia fanboy for several years!

ATI & AMD Forever!

It's high, but the card should be able to take it. I have a very peculiar setup with a lot of watercooling gear in a small case, and if I put my radiator fan at 7v (as I have now), the radeon tends to heat up too. It doesn't help that I need to use the nearby PCI slot, either.
Anyway, I have never seen a side effect of these slightly high temperatures.

I have an X800XL and it will run about 72C while playing BF2. It idles around 49-50C. This is with the stock cooler and an extra 80mm fan blowing on it. I thought that was high, but from what I have seen, they can take temps into the 90s and not miss a beat.

Wow, that is pretty hot. I idle at 29 and load is around 44-47. Overclocked to PE speeds. But then again, I do have the ATi Silencer... Even with the stock cooler it didn't get that hot. Poor airflow maybe?

i have a x800xl (Saphire) , i put Silencer 3 on it. On stock frequencies the temp with silencer climbs to 64 max(full load), isnt this too much for Silencer cooling?

Also, while i took the stock cooler off i took a glimpse of the core, and on it it clearly wrote X800pro.. is this normal? shouldnt it write x800xl?

Back