• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x600XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mascot

Registered
Anyone know if this card could be just as effective as the x800pro with all the textures od SOURCE on low? What I mean, is, I used x800pro, but with all the textures on low, so if I downgraded to a x600XT would I notice much of a difference?

Well

If you must know, I sold my rig, so, I would like to go SFF. The reason is so that it is a lot more portable when I go to tournaments and parties, but I only play two games, Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source, 1.6 I play on all settings on high, but Source, I play with all settings on low, even with my x800. And I figured why keep something when I am not using it's full potential. You following me here? And therefore, see, I do have enough money to get a x850XTPE but refuse to waste my money on a worthless card I won't use, so I figured the x600 would be a great alternative. Right now my rig is as follows, or will be I mean:

CASE: ASPIRE X-QPACK
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester
MOBO: ECS RS480-M ATI Radeon XPRESS 200
RAM: GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB)
VID: GECUBE GC-RX600XTG-C3 (x600XT)
HDD: 120GB 7,200RPM

Will there be much of a difference from this:

CASE: Generic
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester
MOBO: Asus A8V-E
RAM: GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB)
VID: x800PRO
HDD: 80GB 7,200RPM

Appreciate the help.

you will notice the most difference in the video card, and holy crap will you notice the difference.. The rest seems comparable.

But yeah, thats a fair bit of a downgrade, maybe try look for a x700 if possible?

I am having no problems playing NFSU2 at high settings, a little lag in a few scenes.
And i got the Asus X600XT, it gets a little hot with full o/c. But i like it. Considering going for a X800pro or XL instead. And use the X600XT on my other machine. Just to get rid of the little lag, and enjoy the games at higher resolution. Usually now i run games at 1024x768, i wanna enjoy it in 1280x1024.

//Christian

x600xt should be able to play source @ low settings 1024x1280 around 70fps in the stress test, what rez are you playing at? Also i dont see the point in getting an x600xt when a x700pro is better and is the same price.

high end cards are usually waste on me.. I never run anything about 800x600 :p

Uh, going for the X700 series, you're loosing 4 pipelines to the X800Pro plus the memory interface is 128-bit versus 256-bit which will cost you. If I were you, I would buy a X800XL or X800Pro, nothng below that though.

So wait, for all the people that I know that use the 9600XT are bad, I do not at all care about how the game looks, I just want the game to be playable, so again, I ask, if I use the x600XT, will I be able to play Counter-Strike and Source? That was the original question.

Yes you will still be able to play the game, but not at the same details that you did with your x800

Mascot said:
So wait, for all the people that I know that use the 9600XT are bad, I do not at all care about how the game looks, I just want the game to be playable, so again, I ask, if I use the x600XT, will I be able to play Counter-Strike and Source? That was the original question.

Yes, I do not care how the game looks if you can not tell by now.

Goateh said:
Yes you will still be able to play the game...

It will be playable, hell I play it on my 9500pro and I'm sure that x600xt is alot faster than that. :)

Back