• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 3.0E @ P4P800 Deluxe OC HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MrCooper said:
Here's a few settings you can change for faster performance.

CONFIGURE SYSTEM FREQUENCY
AI Overclock Tuner: [MANUAL]
CPU External Frequency (Mhz):[240]----->250
DRAM FREQUENCY:[320]---->400
AGP/PCI FREQUENCY (Mhz):[66.66/33.33]

CPU VCore Voltage:[AUTO]------>1.40V
DDR Reference Voltage:[AUTO]----->2.85V
AGP VDDQ Voltage:[1.50V]---->1.60V

Performance Mode:[TURBO]

ADVANCED CHIPSET SETTINGS
Configure DRAM Timings by SPD: [DISABLED]
DRAM CAS# Latency:[2.5 CLOCKS]----->3
DRAM RAS# Precharge:[3 CLOCKS]
DRAM RAS# To CAS# Delay:[3 CLOCKS]
DRAM Precharge Delay:[6 CLOCKS]
DRAM Burst Length:[8 CLOCKS]

Memory Acceleration Mode:[AUTO]--->Enabled
DRAM Idle Timer:[AUTO]------>Infinite
DRAM Refresh Rate:[AUTO]------>15.6uSec

Graphic Adapter Priority:[AGP/PCI]
Graphics Aperture Size:[128MB]
Spread Spectrum:[DISABLED]

ICH Delayed Transaction:[ENABLED]----->Disabled

MPS Revision:[1.4]

That should make'm go faster from your current config. Just Vcore for more volts if it reboots or set your ram timings to 3-4-4-8 :cool:

Sounds good, I'm going to try those settings. A few questions tho: 1) My CPU Vcore voltage starts at 1.625V and goes up, how do I get it to 1.4V? and 2) Why is ICH Delayed Transaction set to disabled? Is it because I am not using a PCI-E card?

Thanks again for all the help you guys! :p

ekoshyun said:
Sounds good, I'm going to try those settings. A few questions tho: 1) My CPU Vcore voltage starts at 1.625V and goes up, how do I get it to 1.4V? and 2) Why is ICH Delayed Transaction set to disabled? Is it because I am not using a PCI-E card?

Now that's weird. Why does your vcore goes all the way up to 1.62V? My P4P800-SE works fine. ICH Delayed transanction you dont need when overclocking. Because MrCooper likes to disable everything he doesnt need when he overclocks so stability isnt in question but the components in mind :shrug: :)

ekoshyun said:

eko... your vcore will go way lower if you just scroll down!!! your mobo has many many vcore settings and they all wont fit on one page.. this is why you are not seeing it. just keep scrolling down, you'll know what im talking about :D

nstabl said:
eko... your vcore will go way lower if you just scroll down!!! your mobo has many many vcore settings and they all wont fit on one page.. this is why you are not seeing it. just keep scrolling down, you'll know what im talking about :D

ROFL I'm an idiot. Yeah, the Vcore voltage does go down to 1.4, I just was too lazy to scroll. And I shall agree with Coop here and disable all the crap I'm not using. (Always a good idea I believe) :cool:

I'm currently in my computer lab at school, and I can't wait to get home to try Coop's settings. Just thinking about a successful overclock just makes me want to ruin my pants. :santa:

PS: I'm still curious on why such a low CPU vcore is suggested for such a power hungry chip tho -- word on the street the Prescotts takes no hostages when it comes to power consumption. Is limiting the power to it simply a precaution to keep my powersupply from bursting into flames? If so, I shall do it!

Here's another settings you can try just incase your ram cant handle the speed MrCooper is advising you to follow. Just have Memtest86+ handy when adjusting ram timings, because it cause a lot of things for windows. We dont want any corrupt files.

CPU VCore Voltage:[AUTO]------>1.50V
AGP VDDQ Voltage:[1.50V]---->1.70V

Performance Mode:[Turbo]----->Auto

DRAM RAS# Precharge:[3 CLOCKS]----->4
DRAM RAS# To CAS# Delay:[3 CLOCKS]----->4
DRAM Precharge Delay:[6 CLOCKS]------>8

Memory Acceleration Mode:[AUTO]
DRAM Idle Timer:[AUTO]
DRAM Refresh Rate:[AUTO]

Let memtest run and grab your favorite treats, watch a couple of movies. Coz it's goin to take a long time for it to memtest.

If all passes memtest.....Set Idle Timer back to (Infinite) Refresh Rate (15.6uSec) don't enable MAM-PM since on the P4P series boards they get disable once you adjust the fsb.

By the way, what ram are you using?

MrCooper said:
Here's another settings you can try just incase your ram cant handle the speed MrCooper is advising you to follow. Just have Memtest86+ handy when adjusting ram timings, because it cause a lot of things for windows. We dont want any corrupt files.

Let memtest run and grab your favorite treats, watch a couple of movies. Coz it's goin to take a long time for it to memtest.

If all passes memtest.....Set Idle Timer back to (Infinite) Refresh Rate (15.6uSec) don't enable MAM-PM since on the P4P series boards they get disable once you adjust the fsb.

I'm currently using the Corsair XMS PC3200 512x2 (TWINX1024-3200C2PT) (2-3-3-6).

Just curious, is a tighter RAM (2-3-3-6) configuration better than a loose one (3-4-4-7)? Or is it all relative (CPU speed vs. ram strain etc)?

Thanks again Coop. You rock!

Always do 1:1 on intel it's faster in synchronous mode and if you can get your ram to do 2.5-4-3-7 at least at 250Mhz. That's even faster for overall system performance compare to 3-4-4-8 AND if the chipsets decides to play nice at that settings you can tweak the Idle timer and refresh rate for a little boost. (Infinite-64uSec) is the fastest tweak i've ever gotten my setup with but only for benching as it has the tendancy to corrupt some windows files. So it's only recommended if you have a couple of mods done to your mb. :)

MrCooper said:

I've found with the Asus P5P800 that if you set the Memory Acceleration Mode to Auto, it will disable it if the FSB is above 200MHz, if you leave it enabled it will always be on regardless of what CPU-Z or Sandra reports.

Current IDLE Temp: 38C
CUrrent LOAD Temp: 41C

Current Stable BIOS Settings:

Speed: 3.60 GHz
DDR Frequency 320 Mhz, Dual-Channel, Linear

CPU External Frequency (Mhz):[240]
DRAM FREQUENCY:[320]

CPU VCore Voltage:[AUTO]
DDR Reference Voltage:[AUTO]
AGP VDDQ Voltage:[1.50V]

Performance Mode:[TURBO]

DRAM CAS# Latency:[2.5 CLOCKS]
DRAM RAS# Precharge:[3 CLOCKS]
DRAM RAS# To CAS# Delay:[3 CLOCKS]
DRAM Precharge Delay:[6 CLOCKS]

ICH Delayed Transaction:[DISABLED]

I tried everything suggested and anything over 240Mhz will make me hit a brick wall. I think I'm pretty fine with 3.6Ghz, and I would like to thank everyone that helped me out. I'll post my updated settings on my first post so anyone else who has the same configuration as I do will have a nice BIOS settings copy to work from.

Once again, thanks everyone! This has been quite an exciting adventure!

Last edited:
Back