• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ran out of games to play :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealAlex

Got bored of Fallout 3, GTA 4, TF2. Really want something new but there's not even anything good on the horizon =/ really want something open ended, like a nice rpg or strategy.

Left 4 Dead
Before that it was world of warcraft for me and that game allowed me to kick the crack habit. Because to me this game is truely different and unique. Plus i'm a zombie movie fan :)

Have you played Mass Effect? It's finally on Steam now for $30 and apparently the DRM was stripped out for the steam version. It's not as open ended as say Oblivion or FO3 though, more like the way Knights of the Old Republic was. If you take the time to do the majority of the quests and side quests it would take about 30 hours of gameplay.

Mass Effect? I heard that the PC version is "different" enough from the console version to play again... and I haven't gotten around to playing the PC version yet, so it's right at the top of my mind at present.

Prince of Persia (2008) has a great storyline IMO. The game overall is kind of short, I finished it in 3 days playing for like 1-2 hours. Visuals are nice, I love cel-shaded graphics!

Steam is having a fire-sale. At least here in Europe, you can get a lot of stuff for close to free like Bioshock 5€, Portal 3,5€, Audiosurf 5€, Bejeweled 1€ et cetera pp.
Can't speak for the US as we're no longer the same store, but you're bound to find something.

And GOG.com has nice Christmas bundles. Plus they're awesome.

And try the new Colonization, it's very... two-faced?

Prince of Persia (2008) has a great storyline IMO. The game overall is kind of short, I finished it in 3 days playing for like 1-2 hours. Visuals are nice, I love cel-shaded graphics!

I met the actor who did all the motion capture for this game the other night downtown... (He was very emo looking short guy and is in also in a emo/punk band, LOL) I figured I would mention that here instead of starting a thread talking about it. Its so funny when you see how different the computer generated character looks.

I met the actor who did all the motion capture for this game the other night downtown... (He was very emo looking short guy and is in also in a emo/punk band, LOL) I figured I would mention that here instead of starting a thread talking about it. Its so funny when you see how different the computer generated character looks.

I was there that weekend visiting but I had no idea of this :eek: - How did you know he was the guy?

And to stay on topic: Just picked up a copy of Red Alert 3. I can't say real-time strategy games are big for me but I got it for the sake of the RA series. I'm not sure where it picks up from RA2, trying to find some RA2 cinematics to bring me up to speed again. But I'm guessing somewhere along this thread you've already made your decision to the game that seems most appealing to you :).

Last edited:
Mass Effect may be appealing if you're 15 years old, but for me, I found the dialogue in that game to be nauseatingly stupid and pretty much everything else to be shallow - especially the gameplay. I think I made it to the part where you become a Specter or something then just got tired of it.

The games you listed seem typical, as they're all pretty much trash. When I'm in your position, I just go back to the golden oldies like Battlefield 2, which hosts a few good mods (Forgotten Hope 2, Project Reality), Call of Duty 4 (of which I only enjoy Hardcore mode), and another obscure game I really enjoy for Jedi Knight Academy called Moviebattles II.

You may also wanna check out RTS games like Starcraft, Warcraft III (both of which have excellent user-made maps & scenarios, i.e. Defense of the Ancients), Supreme Commander, Homeworld 1 & 2, etc.

Oh yeah, Crysis Warhead multiplayer is pretty fun, too.

I've dug through the bargain bins and am currently enjoying heroes of might and magic 5 in full widescreen glory =).

a somewhat linear RPG/strategy, which in and of itself is actually refreshing for me - i tend to waste time getting lost while finding my way through open-ended RPG's ^_^.

try team fortress 2

I second the starcraft and you should try Age of Mythology or age of empires

Back