• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these 3dMark05 scores right for my 6800GT setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xdrive

3Dmark05run1.jpg

I have an Athlon XP mobile Barton Overclocked (12x215 fsb @ 2-2-2-11)
NF7-s v2.0
1.25gig RAM
MSI 6800GT @ 400/1100 (420/1120 for this benchmark)

Do those results look about an par with what my system should be cranking? Thanks.

:)

Nice how about my temps? That card can get up around 75c on load, idles about 55c (stock cooling @ ultra clocks). Is that okay for a 6800gt?

Xdrive said:
Nice how about my temps? That card can get up around 75c on load, idles about 55c (stock cooling @ ultra clocks). Is that okay for a 6800gt?

those arent too bad considering stock cooler and ultra clocks

A bit high for load temps, try seeing if you can free up room around your video card. Maybe even reapply AS5 or Ceramique on it.

OH! I realized I was only running my fan at 53%. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna have it wide open at 100% and see if that helps much.

Looks good to me m8... i score 5018 with my gainward 6800gt at 380/1040, not pushed it to hard yet. Temps are 50-55 idle and about 65 when fan at 100%! underload.

Im running that on athlon 64 [venice] 3500+ stock speeds with 2gig low lat ram... i'ld be happy with your results ^^

BTW did you have to mod the voltage to achive those speeds?

opium said:
Looks good to me m8... i score 5018 with my gainward 6800gt at 380/1040, not pushed it to hard yet. Temps are 50-55 idle and about 65 when fan at 100%! underload.

Im running that on athlon 64 [venice] 3500+ stock speeds with 2gig low lat ram... i'ld be happy with your results ^^

BTW did you have to mod the voltage to achive those speeds?

No volt mods for me yet. I'd love to add more voltage to my RAM, but my NF7-s caps me off at 1.9 and then even undervolts that.

As for my videocard, it's an MSI 6800GT. I have to use Rivatuner to get it to 420/1120, at which speeds it runs fine (though a little warm). Any higher and my stability suffers. My comfort zone is Ultra speeds for temp sakes. I'd love to get aftermarket cooling for it, and then volt mod it. I'll look into it.

That is a very good score for your system, you can see mine in my sig below, and you did better than that. Mine is an AGP card as I assume yours is too. :cool:

Back