• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OverClocking Athlon II X3 455 @ 3.3GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ren_kamotekid

Registered
Hello All,

Hope all is well. I hope someone can help me overclock my Athlon II X3 455 processor as it got unlocked to Phenom II X4 B55. The problem is that the all cores:

core 0: 800MHz
core 1: 800MHz
core 2: 800MHz
core 3: 800MHz

*muLtipLier per CPU-Z is always set to 4

as i ran Prime95, core 0 - core 3 don't go pass 800MHz when on fuLL Load. TIA!

Gotta shut off all the power saving stuff. Like C1E and Cool and Quiet ect.

Gonna need more info about your rig. List all the specs and the PSU with that too!

yes it does and i tried running stress test on it for 4-5 hours using Prime95. btw, i got an aftermarket cooler, Hyper 212evo

how can i post my rig details here? i don't know...huhuhu :( which button should i click? thanks!

how can i post my rig details here? i don't know...huhuhu :( which button should i click? thanks!

Type them in here!

motherboard
cpu got that already
Ram
Case
Heat sink
Power supply
and so on.

Look in the case at the stuff. usually makes and model #s are on the stickers.

mobo: Asus M5A88V-evo
CPU: Athlon II X3 455 unlocked to Phenom II as posted above
RAM: Kingston Hyper X DDR3 (8GB) 2 sticks
Case: normal case however, left side paneL is open as Hyper 212 evo overlapped with the case's width
Heat sink: hyper 212evo
Power supply: Coolermaster @ 500W

yes it does and i tried running stress test on it for 4-5 hours using Prime95. btw, i got an aftermarket cooler, Hyper 212evo

So, if it works normal as a three core, and you unlock it and it doesn't work, what does that tell you?

Hint:
unlock failed. ;)
There is no guaranty on unlocks. They were locked for a reason.

:chair:sorry but looks stable though when booted to windows. its just that i doesn't go up to more than 800MHz per core:(

:chair:sorry but looks stable though when booted to windows. its just that i doesn't go up to more than 800MHz per core:(

That is good if you wish to only run 800Mhz on each core. However if you prefer speeds over 3.0Ghz; well that will have to be done with the correctly working 3 cores.
RGone...

What motherboard are you using and does the installed bios support the X4 B55? This sounds exactly like a motherboard that cannot correctly identify a CPU and so reverts to a basic lower power configuration.

Please attach a pic of the "Motherboard" CPU-z tab. That will give us the info about the make and model of the board and the bios version.

Last edited:
I have looked a couple times and can't find the thread I'm looking for. But I did read that specifically with ASUS there were some bios versions that would unlock cores and they weren't useable but there were certain ones that worked. I will continue looking and don't remember if that board was one on the list or not.

updating my specs as previous post is missing some component details.

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250GB
ODD: LG with Lightscribe
CPU: currently running Athlon II X3 455 @ 3.3GHz (relocked from Phenom II X4 B55)
PSU: CoolerMaster 500W
CooLer: CM Hyper 212 EVO
Casing: Generic Casing with Left Side Panel Open
Motherboard: Asus M5A88V-evo

Thank you so much sir for your quick response on this. Maybe I would just leave it as it is and will study how to OC this tricore that I have. Thank you so much again!:attn:

That's probably for the best. I read some of those links and sounded like people had nothing but headaches.

Most games a apps won't benefit much from having a fourth core anyway.

Back