• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlock problem: I scraped off too much

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FunkDaMonkMan

Well, I was doing the crayon method... and was scraping the crayon and the protective layer off of the gold stutds (i have a greenie) .. and well.. now i see extra gold next to 2 of the dots.

do you think i should continue the unlock? .. i haven't put on the conductive stuff yet. i don't think I can avoid the little spots where the extra spots poppe up.

i don't have a digital camera.. so i'll draw somethin up.

Yes! I had the same problem after my first overclock, sealed those new exposed copper spots and then applied the conductive grease/paint and it worked! Otherwise it would only boot at default multiplier (when it would even boot).

scuff marks on cermaic

Yeah, just draw over those with your crayon.

ok, i'll have to try... but its gunna be hard.

anything besides crayon i can use for these spots? ...

FunkDaMonkMan said:
ok, i'll have to try... but its gunna be hard.

anything besides crayon i can use for these spots? ...

Superglue (be very carefull not to get any on the pins) or silicon stuff (like the gap filler stuff that comes with the highspeedpc.com kit).

I did the same thing but my copper was so exposed it basicly touched the dots so it still works but it will never unlock. I tried everything to get it to work.

Good Luck.

Back