• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my 2.8 running @ 1.87 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
should do the job!

Goodluck and mate i would get one asap, you are running it at 1 Ghz below its speced speed and believe me all the people on her would kill for 1Ghz that was as easy as that to get so , take OUR advice and get a new mobo and use it as you will notice the performance increase.

Phil

I better notice the difference. lol

I went from a 1.0Ghz and got this 2.8 and i really wasnt that impressed, but now that i figured out im running at 1.8 i see.

well it also really depends what you do. i have a 1.3ghz dell and the computer in my sig, when i go to do some internet surfing, word processing, i dont' notice much of a difference either. you have to be doing something cpu intensive, such as gaming and rendering stuff where you will notice a larger difference.

Upgrading the mobo is the best option. You will make use of the Hyperthreading feature and it also give you dual channel DDR (but you will need two sticks of RAM). Not to mention higher FSB and overclocking to about 3.4 gig. With a Prescott, I'd recommend the Abit IC7 series. You'll notice a significant performance gain.

Back