• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my 2.8 running @ 1.87 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Superman

system.gif

I got a
-Asus P4PE2-X motherboard
-Intel P4 Processor w/ Hyper-Threading
800FSB , 1MB Cache
- 512MB Kingston 3200 DDR

So what does that 1.87 mean ?? :confused:

Thats strange. Right now it says it is clocked at 1.87ghz. Go to this website and download CPU-Z. It should tell you what your processor speed is.

Raise your FSB from 133mhz to 200 mhz. That will solve it.

14 x 133 = 1862mhz
14 x 200 = 2800mhz

Also make sure you use the right PCI/AGP divider or lock them at 33/66mhz.

The problem is that your Motherboard does not support 800MHz FSB CPUs. The Asus P4PE2-X supports FSB 400/533 on the Intel i845 chipset. You're running a PentiumIV-E Prescott core 800MHz FSB processor on a PentiumIV-A, B, and C based chipset.

P4PE2-X Specs

batboy said:
The i845 chipset not only don't support 800 bus CPUs, but it also don't support Prescott CPUs.

well its working fine, i was just cruous why it said that on my system .

Im not gonna go and run out and buy a new motherboard when what i have now is working just fine.

Apparently it's not working fine or else you wouldn't be posting here asking why your 2.8 is only running at 1.87 gig. If you don't want to get a different mobo, then maybe you should sell that CPU and get one that is supported by the mobo?

-Superman said:
well its working fine, i was just cruous why it said that on my system .

Im not gonna go and run out and buy a new motherboard when what i have now is working just fine.

me thinks the prescott is going to eat your mobo alive... eitherway your motherboard isn't fine cause i sure wouldn't want my 2.8Ghz computer running at 1.87.

Ive had it running this way for allmost 2months now.

theres nothing wrong with the motherboard/cpu , just the motherboard wont let it run to its max abilities.

Im not gonna go out tomarrow and buy hardware. I probly will ina month or so.

New Processor or new motherboard ? (im asking for yalls opinions)

get a used mobo and sell the one you got...itll end up costing you >$50 and your CPU will be 2x as powerful, that poor pressy being forced to run at 1.8ghz...sigh.

-Superman said:
my motherboard did not like me going up to 200.

it went off and cameback on and then a screen came up and told me 'Overclocking Failed!'

???

But why is he able to set the FSB to 200MHz, when his motherboard doesn´t support this mode?

Back