• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need HELP! 5970 2D clock change.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnmachine

Hello, I am having a problem setting my 2D clocks for my 5970 since the default of 197é300 is far to low and causes crashes. The problem is I cannot change these clocks using the profiles in CCC, is there another way I can do this.

So after a while of tweaking profiles and such I finally think I managed to get it stable. We'll see how this works out, but I have to say I always thought the whole thing about ATI drivers being a mess was exaggerated but man they are terrible.

Alright so with the 2D clocks raised I still get crashing during 2D mode when watching videos. Please Help!!!!! No issues during gameplay at all, I am terribly confused:confused::confused::confused:

why would 2d clocks need to be so high? i know its a totally diff card and company, but my 560 goes all the way down to 50mhz when i'm looking at my desktop.

^^ Its a driver issue apparently, been around for close to 2 years and they still haven't fixed it.

So the card crashes when you look at videos? Which driver are you using? My cards will throttle the speed of both the core and memory when they are not in use so its normal.

Have you tried updating to the latest driver out? I believe its 11.2 currently..

So I installed 11.2 (which is what I had from the get go but tried other versions after getting this problem), and was experiencing the same issue. However the only way I can seem to get stability is setting the 2D clocks to match my 3D clocks which is stock(725/1000). I tried this and have not had a single crash in 2D mode, as I mentioned the card works flawlessly in games and benchmarks.

I really don't want to run my card at 3D clocks all the time, is there anything else I can do? Is this a hardware issue? From what I have read this issue has been around for a while and not been addressed by ATI.

Are there any other possible clock settings I can try
(725/1000) 100% stable 2D/3D
(550/1000) unstable 2D(less frequent crashing) 3D fully stable
(400/900) Unstable 2D, 3D fully stable
(600/1000) unstable 2D/ 3D fully stable.

Back