• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitfenix spectre or Spectre pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarcusarilliuS

Want to replace the stock fans in my corsair 600t and want as quiet as possible and heard good things about the bitfenix fans.

Anyone know which is the quieter fan, the spectre or the spectre pro?
Don't need it to push much air as I am using an external liquid cooling system for cpu and gpu's, just want it as close to silent as possible.

Thanks,

Mark.

there are a few variants of those fans..

you will want to post a link to the exact product so we can help you decide more accurately.

The spectre blue is much more quiet.
spectre pro is nearly 2 twice as loud on decibels, and on ears, maybe 3-4 times as loud as the decibel scale is exponential.

if you don't need much air flow, that will be the one to pick.
might you consider other brands too? CM has some nice 200mm fans too.

I can speak first hand the Spectre Pro isn't as quiet as I hoped it was.. I have a 200mm fan and a 140mm spectre pro I bought for my 650D. They're decent fans; and not HUGELY loud; but not quiet enough for me..

I don't own a non-pro model; so I cannot compare.. But I wouldn't recommend them for those looking for silence. (Mind you; the loudest thing in my rig is a 750rpm Silverstone AP 181 180mm fan. And it's next to my head on my desk basically.. So 'loud' is purely subjective..)

Ok good to know.

I suppose I should add they DO provide a decent amount of airflow. And what's loud to me may be a nice tone to you. Purely personal opinion.

I will say though; they're well built; and even 140mm fans can fit into 120mm fan mounts as the holes are physically there providing there is room for the 140mm fan. They look nice and have a very soft LED glow as well if you're after something that's not too bright.

Just not for me ^^.

nah I want as close to silent as possible so I think I might try the standard spectre.
After I got my new WC loop up and running yesterday the only thing I can hear now are the 3 case fans and they are really annoying me so I have to sort it out.

Back