• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disaster Please Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RHARLE10

Hey everyone wots happening?

I have a very big problem here i was wondering if anyone could help me out? :cry:

Whenever i buy a game wether it be a DVD Rom or CD Rom i have about an 80% chance that it wont work as after the installation a message appears saying "Please Insert the Correct CD into the drive and restart the application" as if it`s not reading the .exe file for the game to boot it up this has happened on almost ALL my games with a few exceptions like Vice City and Unreal Tournament 2004. So far this has happened on Far Cry, NFSU, FIFA 2004, LOTR Return of the King, Call of Duty and a few more i can`t remember atm. I am going out to buy DOOM 3 tomorrow as it arrives in the UK tomorrow and i am almost possitive the same thing will happen again as it happens with all these NEW GEN games with those few exceptions and all the older games are fine please help me. :)

Rant Over!

P.S This also happens to my good friend BrimCv who is a member here

When you get this message, is the game in the drive from which it was installed? I've had the same problem, and it's usually because i put the disk in the wrong drive. Also you may want to switch the DVD drive to master, and set it as the next letter past your hard drives. in my case that would be E, and then install and play from the dvd drive. See if that fixes the problem.

I had this problem with UT2k4. It turns out that my CD-Rom drive (about 2 years old) couldn't read the latest SafeDisk encryption and would not return the correct info the game needed to Play. I swapped out for a new Pioneer DVD drive and have not had any poblems.

Maybe it is a problem with the laser getting "fatigued" in its old age.....Have you tried a different Optical drive?

*edit* I have had a similar problem with a Cheapo norcent drive on occasion aswell, but only with "The Sims"

Back