• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP: GTX 780, No HDMI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meffie

Registered
I just got my new system built yesterday, running a Asus 780. I planned it for a triple monitor surround setup. I plugged in the First DVI monitr, all good. Second DVI monitor, all good. Plug in the third monitor on HDMI and the 2 DVI monitors go blank, then come back with the desktop background...

Now the problem is #1 the HDMI monitor is still black in standby, like its getting no signal. What also happens is the 2 DVI monitors go out, then come back with the desktop background, but the task bar is gone, and any windows I had open aren't showing on screen. I can right click the desktop and still get the sub menus on the 2 DVI monitors, but if I open say nvidia control panel via right click, no screens pop up visibly. If I then simply disconnect the HDMI monitor, the 2 DVI monitors flash again and go back to normal where I can see the taskbar and windows and everything runs like normal.

I have tried multiple HDMI cables, as well as swapped the HDMI through all 3 monitors and same result everytime.

I am assuming I just have a bad HDMI port on the gfx card, but I thought I would post here for some help/ideas as well.

Thank you so much.

Did you go into nVidia Control Panel and enable all three monitors?

I tried. The problem is as soon as I plug the 3rd monitor in, I can no longer see the Nvidia control panel. Is there a way to tell it 3 monitors before I plug the third in?

Also if I just use the hdmi monitor, or even just the hdmi monitor, still blank screen on the hdmi

I tried. The problem is as soon as I plug the 3rd monitor in, I can no longer see the Nvidia control panel. Is there a way to tell it 3 monitors before I plug the third in?

Also if I just use the hdmi monitor, or even just the hdmi monitor, still blank screen on the hdmi

Have you tried that monitor on another device?
If it won't run by itself it's either the monitor, cable, or HDMI port on the GPU.

I've tried all 3 monitors with the hdmi, same result which was why I was thinking it was the card.

I was just told on another forum you can't use hdmi with a triple setup, you have to use displayport. Is that correct?

That was my thinking as well. Talking to Nvidia now to see what they say.

Very true, I am running 2 on DVI and 1 screen on HDMI :thup:

I'm running four monitors off my 780
All ports are taken :thup:

Good to see it working for someone else as well, this just helps confirm our feelings about the HDMI port being dead.

Back