• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

m5a97 le vrm cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With both side panels off, a custom mounted fan over the vrm and a 6" house fan on a custom stand pointed at the back of the mobo vrm socket area :rofl:
The max temp I was able to read was 57.2c that with a room temp of 23.88c (75f). I haven't tried to find the sweet spot with this board which I think would be 4.3 like Johan said maybe squeeze 4.4 out of it. Although I really don't think running this set up, at least in my situation, is ideal. First off is the house fan used to cool the back then the two side panels off is just asking for trouble with kids running around. But I gotta say that some quick oc fun this board ain't bad. I gotta buy me a Killawatt and see if undervolt and underclock saves any energy when I put run it on stock with all power savings I seem to hang out at 1.4-1.8ghz :blah:

Back