• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've been a bad boy :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

My main rig has been down most of the day for gaming :(

That's not helping the Jymtra issue!

One of the remote rigs is down as it keeps erroring out(has to be bad motherboard or c0 stepping cpu) He had an issue with the board a while back where the ram fans shorted out for no apparent reason and left a burn mark on the board(sent it back and they said it was fine)

So I don't know.

Hopefully he swaps that rig to a 2600k.

PS. I'll have my AMD rig up and running so hopefully I can put the main rig back up and running.

Haha I was playing starcraft for a few hours the other day and noticed the TPF quadrupled during that time frame... :(

Oh I have good news though, not gonna make a thread about it. I've hit 1 mil! :santa::santa::santa:

Haha I was playing starcraft for a few hours the other day and noticed the TPF quadrupled during that time frame... :(

Oh I have good news though, not gonna make a thread about it. I've hit 1 mil! :santa::santa::santa:

I have to turn folding off on the cpu and gpu's as my racing game sucks :(

Hehe I have to admit. I was surprised that the 2600k didn't even choke running SC2 on max and folding smp :)

In an ideal world... everyone can fold and game at the same time or have a dedicated folding machine !! and as I type that, I see my 930 sitting on my desk glaring at me wanting to fold again. :-/ Saving up for a PSU and hard drive to get it running again...

I know the feeling, I feel guilty every time I pause my GPU folding to play a game. I end up only playing for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then I must resume folding.

Oddly, the only thing I have to pause my GPU client for is video playback... usually Netflix stutters awfully when Folding. Or, if I have a 720p video file it'll stutter a tiny bit. (Standard def video doesn't have this issue usually.)

Thankfully I never have to pause my CPU client.

Anyway, to the OP... Fold on in whatever way you can and as much as you can! Don't sweat the small stuff ;)

I can watch movies from my computer to my tv while I'm folding on the cpu and all 3 gpu's

h264's, bluray rips, w/e it may be.

Hehe I have to admit. I was surprised that the 2600k didn't even choke running SC2 on max and folding smp :)

In an ideal world... everyone can fold and game at the same time or have a dedicated folding machine !! and as I type that, I see my 930 sitting on my desk glaring at me wanting to fold again. :-/ Saving up for a PSU and hard drive to get it running again...

I play an online drag racing game and when I'm folding on the cpu and gpu's my reaction times are all over the place, and et's are jacked as well.

I might try again tonight, because I was having alot of issue with getting used to the game on my i7 and 32" monitor and what video settings to use so we'll see tonight if I have time.

Earlier this week, I had a 10 hour TPF. I forget exactly what I was doing, it wasn't a game though. Well, I'm pretty sure I wasn't playing a game...

You are not alone. I have not been folding for weeks. My computer keeps crashing to BSOD. Not only when folding but after idling for indefinite periods of time. I am still uncertain what the cause is but I suspect it is my memory.

You are not alone. I have not been folding for weeks. My computer keeps crashing to BSOD. Not only when folding but after idling for indefinite periods of time. I am still uncertain what the cause is but I suspect it is my memory.

:eek: :eek: unstable folding.... :bang head

I cant help but play my games, although I probably only game maybe 20hrs a week on the high end, I do enjoy the time i get to do so, luckily with my system I can do so without having to shutdown my smp -bigadv and everything still runs beautifully but TPF does take a pretty substantial hit, But better to fold slower for a bit than to stop all together.

:eek: :eek: unstable folding.... :bang head

I cant help but play my games, although I probably only game maybe 20hrs a week on the high end, I do enjoy the time i get to do so, luckily with my system I can do so without having to shutdown my smp -bigadv and everything still runs beautifully but TPF does take a pretty substantial hit, But better to fold slower for a bit than to stop all together.

what sucks is I cut my cpu wu close I will just barely make it IF I even make it :(

I'm officially back on a 'solid' folding schedule now. I just moved into a new place and have my computer set up. For a while I was having some blue screen problems that were majorly interferring with folding. I thought it might have been a RAM problem but I ran memtest86+ on each individual stick and the whole 3 sticks together for 7 passes. No errors! The error I was getting in event manager was ID: 42 Kernel power fault. I think it might have actually been a problem with the house I was in. It was a very old house and the wiring is bad. It wasn't uncommon for us to have random brown-outs which would explain the kernel power fault.

At any rate, I'm folding again!

That's not helping the Jymtra issue!
All three of the assembled SR-2s were down this weekend while I was re-wiring and re-configuring my power circuits. Also spent the weekend w/the g/f as it was her b-day. :bday:

So, your Jymtra Jmtyra issue has been momentarily delayed.

However, my remaining power component arrives today (SurgeX SA1810) which will allow four of the six to go 24/7 once I finalize the OC tweaks. Should be by end-of-day today.

/hugs Gixxer

:grouphug:

I spoke too soon. I blue screened during another folding session. I was away and was unable to take the stop code. I've been doing a lot of reading and searching around. Most forums say to revert to factory settings.

This is unacceptable! I must OC for greater folding power. Finally, I happened upon a post from a fellow folder who suggested upping the voltage in small increments to see if that would help with stability. I nudged my vcore and dram voltage up just a tad. Will see how it goes.

At this rate I'm never going to make deadline :( I tanked one because I mis-judged time) I haven't started another one since then. I started one lastnight and will let this one finish before I dive back into the game again. Wow if I keep going I'm going to have to build another i7 just to take the place of my main rig! Bawls!

I inherited a computer that was attacked by a soda can. I'm trying to see if it can be fixed. I cleaned the mess out of it yesterday and the board didn't seem to get much on it, but one of the RAM sticks had that stuff toasted on to it. YUCK!!

Some of these capacitors are a little loose too. This guy didn't take very good care of this thing. It was super dusty. It looks to be in decent enough shape now. He took the hard drive with him too which is understandable. I'm going to swap out the PS with a spare I have and get a cheap HD and see if this bad boy will run. It's got some kind of AMD in it (didn't stop and look).

In other news, I haven't had any BSOD's since I upped my voltage and that was sometime yesterday afternoon. It folded all night and when I woke up it was still crunchin away. I'll be monitoring it from work today via LMI. Hope all goes well.

Haha, fair enough. I'm still tweaking the baseline OC for all of the boards, but I just finished putting together the 4th SR-2 rig. <evil grin> Although this is after four days of -no- folding, sadly. :(

Back