• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i know, another advice post (sorry)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickyhoward55

ok, so, i just sold my old pc bits on ebay so im gonna get myself a nice new monitor. i can get a dell 2007FPW monitor for £260 through my dads work and im very tempted to get one, but im also very picky about image quality. do you guys think i would be happy with this monitor? im moving up from a 17" crt that can only do 1280x1024@60hz and its giving me head aches.

other than the dell can you point me toward a nice 19" 4:3 LCD?

thanks

I have three 2007FPWs on one of my computers and they are top notch. However, on my main computer I prefer my ViewSonic VP930B's. The viewsonics just seem better all around even though they are an inch smaller. I guess it really comes down to if you prefer widescreen or regular.

[SaS]hornet said:
ok, so, i just sold my old pc bits on ebay so im gonna get myself a nice new monitor. i can get a dell 2007FPW monitor for £260 through my dads work and im very tempted to get one, but im also very picky about image quality. do you guys think i would be happy with this monitor? im moving up from a 17" crt that can only do 1280x1024@60hz and its giving me head aches.

other than the dell can you point me toward a nice 19" 4:3 LCD?

thanks

I had a dell widescreen and loved it. If £260 is a good price over there, then go for it! You won't be disapointed. Guaranteed or you get a full refund on my advice! :)

Don't actually have one, but from reviews Dell seems like a real winner, especially if you get one with cheap. I'd say go for it. You will love the extra space and all those extra ports on the back.

get the dell at that price it's a steal. If you dont like it you have really high tastes and will need a monitor that costs a lot more, in which case you might even be able to sell the 2007fpw for more then you bought it online.

Back