• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvidia gt 415m overclockable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lubo007

hello!
i have some questions about overclocking.
first to say, i never do anything about overclocking, i only know what it means
until now, i upgraded my computer (lapton) only on software side-cleaning,services, startup processes etc.
but now id like to try to improve my hardware with overclock.
questions:
1. is it possible to overclock graphic cards in notebooks? (gt 415m i have in my notebook)
2. is it possible to overclock cpu in notebooks?(i have intel i3)
3. is it possible to overclock any other parts?
4. when im overclocking something, is there a chance that it will fail and that part will be destroyed?
5. can overclock improve fps in games?

thank you all for any help, and sorry for my bad english, im just learning :)

hello!
i have some questions about overclocking.
first to say, i never do anything about overclocking, i only know what it means
until now, i upgraded my computer (lapton) only on software side-cleaning,services, startup processes etc.
but now id like to try to improve my hardware with overclock.
questions:
1. is it possible to overclock graphic cards in notebooks? (gt 415m i have in my notebook)
4. when im overclocking something, is there a chance that it will fail and that part will be destroyed?

thank you all for any help, and sorry for my bad english, im just learning :)

Generally its not a good idea because laptops run hot as it is and dont have the thermal headroom to push a gpu harder

Yes, but not advised because of temperature concerns.
It is possible on some top-end laptops. Your i3 won't have the options in the BIOS.
RAM, but see same comment as above.
Yes, there's a chance, but that chance is about the same as normal failure until you start adding voltage.
Yes

thx for your answers, so better i will not do anything with my notebook :D
last one question: is it possible to improve my notebook by changing some hw parts? i think it depends on motherboard used in it. are people doing this or no? if no-why?

On a laptop with low-mid parts like that the components are all typically soldered to the mainboard.

Especially if it is an oem. Typically, you can add more ram, and swap a hard drive, that's about it.

Back