• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Probe on my CUSL2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Stickie

Registered
It is strange: since I oc'd my PIII666, Asus probe pops up every 10, 15 minutes with a problem with my CPU-FAN: it always seems to fall out, but after a sec or two everything is normal again...

anyone recognizing this? Is this a problem or just a bug?

I used the asus probe when I first got my mobo. I also experienced the problem you described. The best solution is to get rid of that crappy asus probe and go with Mother Board Monitor. It does tons more than Asus probe. Trust me you will love it.

Here is a link to where you can download the latest version: http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

chris

Allright I'll do that, thanks.
I thought Asus delivered the best software for monitoring ther mobo's, but it appears they don't cause the prob is solved...

Thanks for the good advice (MBM is really nice software)

Do not leave the room with your fan warnings going off like that!!!!!

I had the same problem. It's a defect. I thought I fixed it by downloading a new version of mother board monitor and left the room came back fifteen minutes later to a computer with a Celeron 733 key chain and a now dead motherboard. Thank god for warranties though.

One thing that was weird was the fans would not seem to have crossed their threshold, when the alarms went off. But they did and now I have 2-3 more weeks of waiting till I get my Motherboard back.

What could possibly be the problem?

It's always just for a sec or 2 and other monitors (not Asus Probe) don't warn me???

cusl2 probe is ****e !!

I get the same problems with my cusl2 mobo.

The fan speed spikes occassionally and so do the voltages.
Is it of any concern if the voltages spike? It is always a downward spike. But if the voltage drops to zilch (as it often does) how does the PC keep on running? Surely it should crash if the valtage reading it gives is true.

Damn that asus probe.
Its just a piece of software promoting anxiety problems.

Bryza

Whne voltage drops to 0 you gotta remember that there is still power in the wires that is still running :) thats why i can flick my power switch on and off really fast, and my computer stays on.

Good grief, that sounds frightening. I've never flicked my computer on and off like that, but I too have been seeing some pretty unstable voltage readings. my 12V is constantly at about 11.5.. and the others are off too. I upped the voltage to my cpu to 1.9 and did a burn-in last night, and saw no spikes.. but I'm still a little untrusting.

Could a 250W PSU be part of the problem?

frae

Back