• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Wireless Bluetooth Module - Which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
So Dell has been REALLY bad with regards to calling/contacting me back about my Dell Vostro 1500 that I now have... long story short, they've owed me bluetooth on a laptop order they never fixed to include the onboard bluetooth... and for 2 weeks they never fixed the order and now I have the laptop w/out bluetooth when I wanted it on the order.

So... I'm authorized to order a bluetooth module that I can put in myself, and then they'll call me on Monday to issue a full refund. Basically, I get it free.

The rep on the phone told me the one he saw was $59, which I believe I found it, but there is a Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module for $59 (which is the one he most likely saw based on the description), and a Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module for $19.

Now, the one that would have been included with my Dell Vostro 1500 I believe is the 355...

Question is, which one is better? Why is a lower numbered model 3x the price?? I just wanna know which one I should take... for some reason I feel like I should get the more expensive, lol... just cuz... but maybe it's b/c the more expensive one is for certain models that are more expensive.

Thx.

I did some reading on notebookforums and the people that have both can't tell a difference between the two as far as range/quality...
one thing that was mentioned is that the 355 may have some extra compatibility with different devices.
Off the top of my head I would get the 355 since that is what dell offers as an option. The 350 may not work with the bluetooth button/light.

I think the only difference was drivers, ie the better drivers arbitrarily blocks one of the devices (because it's from another company), even though you can force the better drivers to work with both.

Not sure about the difference but i would get the 355.

I need to buy one as well but my x300 does not have the internal cable so it looks like ill be buying from ebay.

g0dM@n said:
So Dell has been REALLY bad with regards to calling/contacting me back about my Dell Vostro 1500 that I now have

shocker ;)

i'm shocked they didnt just outright send it to you. or does the vostro line get the same indian or whomever people that are with SB and home/edu

Xenocide said:
let me know if it comes with the cable.

I can't remember if the last 355 module i ordered came with a cable
a cable for what??

Bluetooth device is pluged to a cable which should be already in your laptop.

meionm said:
Bluetooth device is pluged to a cable which should be already in your laptop.
i thought you install the mini pci-e and that's it... then a wireless BT mouse works with it...

g0dM@n said:
i thought you install the mini pci-e and that's it... then a wireless BT mouse works with it...

No. There is a little plug that you have to insert it into. On most newer models i believe its under the battery. (atleast my M1210 had it there)

On my X300 its in the front of the laptop and i have to take the motherboard out to get to it :bang head (2.9lb laptop)

Xenocide said:
No. There is a little plug that you have to insert it into. On most newer models i believe its under the battery. (atleast my M1210 had it there)

On my X300 its in the front of the laptop and i have to take the motherboard out to get to it :bang head (2.9lb laptop)
well the darn BT piece i got is extremely tiny... it looks like it plugs right into something - i don't kno what ppl meant about a CABLE??

anyway, i haven't checked, but i've no idea where it goes... it's a Dell Vostro 1500.

It is at the top of the computer. IIRC on my Inspiron (should be same place) it should be in this little gap right under and to the right a little bit. There should be a special little rectangular gap for it to go in.

Take a look around. You just have to remove the keyboard.

ps2cho said:
It is at the top of the computer. IIRC on my Inspiron (should be same place) it should be in this little gap right under and to the right a little bit. There should be a special little rectangular gap for it to go in.

Take a look around. You just have to remove the keyboard.
already found it the other night when i was putting in my 2gb of ram... thx tho. :)

Back