• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap waterblock from be cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this is only my 0.0000002

I think it should cool all the socket A @ stock speed. I am doubtful it will help out OC more... but if you just want to water cool for quietness... It should work, how well I dunno but probably like those koolances waterblocks but cheaper. However all of above is only my personal opinion/guessing. I have nothing able to back it up.

well my planned setup will be for lots of overclocking - the water in the lines will (hopefullly) be chilled by a cube fridge much like the old OC.com article. I know i should get a better one than this waterblock for that. Does anyone know of ~20 dollar waterblocks that cool real good?

If you have a tight budget and want good water block... you may consider looking into the classified section in this forum or search Ebay for one.

well i cant get into the classifieds section here.

ill check ebay too in little bit. But is there any certain budget-like waterblocks that are known for performance? anyone? I dont want to make one - itll never turn out right.

that block cant be that bad, I have made a few simple aluminum blocks before, no big difference, Im sure it doesnt perform half bad, Maybe Ill make something similar to it one day...........

Yeah, that block would perform just peachy.
You only have to consider, that you need to use an aluminum radiator for it, so that it doesn't corrode away. Being that you want to run a chiller, anti-freeze will stop that well enough though. I'd use anti-freeze instead of water wetter in any setup that has aluminum in it, as the corrosion protection seems to be much better.

Oh, and in my mind, that block will leave much more room for insulation and condensation protection than any "copper barge" like a maze or similar sized block.

everything but springs because it uses a center screw, how are these things sealed up? if they are takeapartable you could sent it to neomoses to anodize....

Back