• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new motherboard wont turn on!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sucky noob

i just got a new PC chips motherboard (i know...) and i set it up, plugged everything in, turned the PSU on, but when i hit the power button, nothign happens. im sure i have everything in the right place, and that the psu works. what else can cause a mobo to not start up?

i got it to turn on, the stupid thing shipped with the cmos jumper in the clear position. now it turns on, but it wont boot. if my RAM is bad, shouldnt it at least give me the startup screen? or if the ram is bad does it just give you a blank screen?

i mean nothing comes up. it doesnt count ram, it doesnt beep, it just turns on and the screen stays blank.

My motherboard did this when I severed several traces going to the RAM with a screw driver. The fans and LEDs turn on, nothing else happens. It's also possible that attempting to turn it on with the CMOS jumper in the clear position damaged it, but I doubt it. Is there any physical damage? Have you tried it with a single stick of RAM? With different RAM? Have you tried the board outside of the case (on a table, or something), with only the bare minimum plugged in?

Back