• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blu-Ray

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ralith

Registered
Anyone have suggestions for internal blu-ray players? Has any brand stood out in quality? Anything specific with them I want to l for?

For instance I saw this from newegg.com for $55 with a promo code, is it any good?

I put this in the HTPC I just built and it has performed flawlessly. It's very quiet and works in the Antec Fusion Remote case. I'm sure the Lite-On drive will work for you.

for just playing? That's a fantastic deal.

I personally would go with a burner (for storage and archive purposes), but if you want to just play blu-rays, that's a fantastic deal.

I used to buy Lite-on opticals almost exclusively, but began to get a very high failure rate and switched to Sammy & LG. I did purchase a Lite-on Blu reader last fall on a newegg shell shocker or some such and though it worked fine then...it's now dead. The sammy blu-ray combo drive I picked up shortly after & the LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drive I got prior to the Lite-on both work perfectly still. Just my experience...I wish Lite-on would get back on track, but I'm avoiding them for the time being.

I have had very good produces from Samsung. I'm probably installed 4-5 of their 22-24x DVD+/- drives in various computers and they have all worked great.

Also, I bought another brand (can't remember) and it was EXTREMELY LOUD compared to the samsung... it was like 2-3x louder on full read with the same speeds (I don't mind a bit of sound... but it was crazy)... so I will never use anything but a samsung dvd+rw in my computers right now.

I'll see how it goes... I might just wait for neweggs' next big deal on one or another stores get $10 or $15 of $50 order promos.

I got the same one as CarlJohnson and i highly recommend it. It was a great addition to my media center pc.

I used to buy Lite-on opticals almost exclusively, but began to get a very high failure rate and switched to Sammy & LG. I did purchase a Lite-on Blu reader last fall on a newegg shell shocker or some such and though it worked fine then...it's now dead. The sammy blu-ray combo drive I picked up shortly after & the LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drive I got prior to the Lite-on both work perfectly still. Just my experience...I wish Lite-on would get back on track, but I'm avoiding them for the time being.

Dang I have always had good luck with Lite-on drives. Haven't had a new one in a while though. Thanks for the heads up.

LG 10X BD burner link

I checked the resellers ratings

LG 10X BD reader DVD burner link

Last edited:
Back