• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A6-5400K APU HD playback issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JT!

I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct place but it seemed the best suited.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jonathantrillo/saved/3C0B

Basically since day 1 of this pc i have never been able to play HD footage properly. It'll play smooth only for seconds then the frame rate will just drop and it'll repeat.

I've tried everything I can think of, updated drivers all around.

I downloaded AMD overdrive. When watching 1080p on YT. CPU was at around 40%-70%, however the GPU would alternate from 0% to ~50% then spike to 100%. The graph it plots is just up and down all the way along and not a consistent line like the CPU which seems odd to me.

It's the same issue on Hulu, Netflix and YT. Can anyone suggest anything I could try?

Maybe it is a ram issue. I know I have tried XMP profile to profile 1, which had no effect so I switched it back, however, under 'system' where it tells you all the info, it says RAM 4gb, 3.19 usable (100% sure it's a 64bit OS). Could that have an effect? I've also read into that a lot but found nothing.

EDIT: Re-enabled XMP profile 1, no difference.

Additional info: I'm using a duel monitor setup. The framerate issues are much worse on the HDMI output than the VGA output.

More Additional info: In trying to fix the "3.19" usable ram issue, I went to msconfig and set the maximum manually to '40xx'. When I restarted and checked the ram, it's said only '2.21 was usable'. I went back into msconfig and unchecked it and now it's back to how it was before.

Last edited:
Bump, I'm really running out of ideas now... I have a HTPC that doesn't play HD :(

Back