• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to OC need help with A6-3420m

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Danielj0

So I've been trying to figure out how to overclock this thing ( Honestly just want to play Dayz ) and i have no clue what im doing lol. I have K10stat and AMD OD, im using od more because its just easier on the eyes to me.

Acer Aspire 5560-7402
APU A6-3420M Quad Core
Radeon HD 6520G
3558MB of Ram

So far what ive tried, i put it up to 2300 MHz and the volts up to 1.3 but when i did that my temp jumped up to 85-90 almost immediately and scared the sh*t out of me so i threw the volts back down to 1.2.

Im currently running around 70 C at 1.2 MHz, now im not sure if thats good or not but it seems high to me. Also i have no fan control for some reason, i even checked the BIOS and couldnt find anything. I do have an external cooling fan but its not the greatest honestly. im just worried about overclocking and it burning up my laptop.

If you are already sitting at 70 degrees before, it might be advised not to OC it. This will only reduce battery life and overheat your system.
If you want to oc you need to get your temps lower first.

im doing some testing right now and with all core speeds at 2100 and my volts at 1.21 i was running about 70-80 it kept jumping up and down. When I turned it back to normal my temps dropped back down to around 60-65. I didnt realized earlier I wasnt at stock settings.

- - - Updated - - -

And i dont know if this would matter but my battery took a dump like a month ago so im running strictly off the wall plug.

The CPU is rated to 1.4125V and 100°C so I would stick to below 90°C and even then I wouldn't be comfortable with it considering it's a laptop tbh.

Dunno what Acer used for thermal paste for their cooling but you could consider replacing it and clean the cooler since your temps are about to high.

Last edited:
Back