• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9600PRO overclocks like MAD!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
damn, that is one hell of an o/c. ATI have come up trumps with this one. not nessasarily THE card, but its a sign of things to come. r9800 @ 550/350 anyone? ouch - thats gotta hurt NVIDIA.

Last edited:
the amazing thing is that with such an overclock, it can pretty much keep up with the 9500 pro in fill rate test! *drool*

Well, I heard they are discontinuing the 9500pro, so you should be better off getting the 9600pro. But hey don't blame me if your card only maxes out at 400/350 ;)
remember, no one can guarentee the result of the o/c's

12si said:
Well, I heard they are discontinuing the 9500pro, so you should be better off getting the 9600pro. But hey don't blame me if your card only maxes out at 400/350 ;)
remember, no one can guarentee the result of the o/c's
yeah good point remember the cards they give to reviewers are always better/higher quality then you might get

Heh, with a 256 bit bus and/or some extra pipes, this sucka could pwn. Hrm. possibly the Radeon 10000 PRO! 600mhz core, 800mhz 256bit, 8-pipe DDRII! Heh heh, if only.

With the exception of the 9000 & 9100, ATI's 9XXX family has been DX 9 compadible. I think a card that would sport those specs would more likely be a 9900 Pro. But totally! that thing would fly! Anyway, it's about time that the Celeron300a of video cards arrived to this market segment. I gladly welcome it with open arms. :D

Last edited:
youthemandan said:
I got a feeling we'll see a softmod or something coming out that will enable 256bit mem bus and 8 pipelines
Probably not, since this was built from the ground up the way it is. The 9500's were based on the 9700's which is why people could get those hidden features.

I agree with Gecedion. The whole reason they are phasing out the 9500 is because it is quite expensive to make because it basically *IS* a 9700. 9700=high production cost. It is my understanding that the 9600 was custom designed to be relatively cheap to manufacture and NOT a crippled version of a faster card.

metra said:
No one has a benchies of oced 9500 pro vs 9600 pro? Would i have to manually compare!?!?

Someone is just gonna have to have both and let us know. I would like to see HOCP do such a thing soon.

The 9600 was built from the ground up and the lessons learned from the 9500 Softmods was applied. ATI covered its butt and its bottom line with this one. We wont be seeing any Softmods on this one.

youthemandan said:
looks exactly like a 9700 pro pcb to me. I think we will see one to tell u the truth

after looking at both cards front and back - no, they arnt the same. they have the same basic layouy, but they are distinctly different.

I'm happy with my 9500 np 128 megs sapphire... with the softmod out there, a little overclock & of course..luck!! i score 15k in 3dmark... and dats so close to the 9700 pro... and it saves me $$$.. =)

Silver said:
This should really be taken with a grain of salt however for some idea on comparisons, here was the latest score on a 9500np with a hard unlock, flashed bios and stock cooling.

I myself am interested in comparing so I am off to take a peak.

Take Care All :)

Darn, forgot the linkg:(

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6305533

Now all we need is the score of a 9600 Pro on a similarly clocked system. Hmmm maybe its time to ask the boys over at B3d. Time to do some digging.

Well, it does leave a little to be desired in comparison however price/performance ratio would appear to be very good and maybe more importantly it shows us what is coming on the high end. Finally maybe 50 fps minimum on all tests. I.E. never going below 50fps during testing at any time. This has been a sort of goal of mine for the last few years and though I have come very close on occasion the usefullness of the card in the highly oc'ed state was dubious at best. I look forward to the cards available in the very near future and suspect that I may be able to purchase a video card that will fill my requirements and therefore last longer than a couple of months in the very near future. This will allow for more time/money on producing high cpu oc's which is what I am working on as of now anyway. Take Care.;)

Back